Just saw NHK news and it showed Yamagata city under a 50cms blanket of snow with more falling thick and fast!! Can't wait for that to hit Nagano, Niigata and Gunma tomorrow and Friday. Anyone living in the snow areas wanna post some pics as the snow finally over the next few days?

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Apparently some place in Hokkaido tomorrow on the south coast will have a low of -17c. omg

There are some places over near Obihiro that at 11pm are already below -20. Only -7 in Kutchan but it's still cloudy and snowing here.

rollabout

I got a phone call the other day from one of the people coming with us next year. Now as an avid SJ junkie I check the weather and webcams daily. This was the conversation.

"What happened in Niseko"

SH "It started snowing over there"

"But But (a little in shock) last time I looked there was only a little snow on the main slope and now there is snow everywhere - Will it keep up until we get there??"

SH "Of course it will this is just the beginning it will keep snowing and they will get bigger dumps than there getting at the moment"

"Oh really but have you seen how much snow is there at the moment that is insane"

SH "Welcome to Japow"

rollabout

SH, it sounds like you could really have fun with her. Tell her to bring a snorkel otherwise she won't be able to breathe in the snow... and that the only way to acclimatize your body to the cold is to sit naked in the snow every morning for 2 minutes...