• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I think that might have been me razz

It was a combo in that Niseko real estate thread so neither of you can take credit! "some people in other places don't want success" blah blah yawn yawn same old story. Its a waste of people's time to point it out and make them read it, especially in a thread about Hakuba. If you have time to waste, Google "fuyugata" because that is what is going to hit Japan. No need to look at little numbers of snow-forecast.com.
Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
Amazing how everything comes back to the tired old Hakuba vs Niseko thing in the end...

Oh well - both places are likely to have good snow by the weekend.

SdS

well no, there's only been 2 mentions of the N word and yours was the second.

Why blame it on the polarisation in every thread where there's a disagreement.

Apparently not easy at all. I can't even see one of my posts in that thread, but... is that the best you can come up with?!

Quote:
Mr SKI insinuates I wanted Niseko to fail because I said Niseko apartments weren't a definite buy. Retraction with the words "oh but Hakuba people are like this".

=

Quote:
Possibly people in places that are trying to catch up. Oddly some people do not like to see success.

???!!!

What are you on? That's your 'evidence'?

rollabout

try this:

It was on the page after

Originally Posted By: SKI
I wasn't referring to you Mr Wiggles, sorry if it came out like that.

I know of one or two narrow-minded people in Hakuba who would love to see Niseko be toppled. I have little respect for those people anyway but they do exist.

With around a metre of snow over the last few days and at least that to come over the next few believe me I'm happy! Will get up for my first nighta of the season tonight and it's absolutely puking this afternoon, so yeah really happy party

Why was I worried? All of my friends are heading to the snowy Alps that are in front of my nose while I am going miles away only to find there is no snow there. Well, since yesterday there has been a huge improvement -40 cms of snow in Hakuba and the resort is now open.

On that note what are the do's and don't in Hakuba? What to avoid and what to experience (which slopes to go to, which bars/restaurants to visit..).

I have no Japanese language skills whatsoever. Is this a problem?

(Perhaps, this is a subject of a separate topic, however. I apologise if so)

Originally Posted By: fier
Well, since yesterday there has been a huge improvement -40 cms of snow in Hakuba

Er, what??? confused
Since yesterday there has not been a huge improvement at all!
Are you sure you're not mixing up names or something?

We're hoping they will come in the next 48 hours.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Hello fier

Thanks for using the site.

The information displayed at the top of the page is the 'official' snow depth data provided by the resort.

The table showing lots of weather data below that is a forecast, not actual numbers.

For a daily running commentary on how things are shaping up, the best thing to do is read the Hakuba Now report and then you can look/use this other data as something else to go into the mix. But the best picture will be had by reading the reports, not just bare data.

Lets just hope that by the end of this coming weekend, this kind of worry won't be a problem!

Thank you.

hopefully you won't have anything to worry about come Friday, the snow is currently dumping northern Honshu and will sweep south as the huge system over China and the Japan sea moves across towards Japan.