quite a bit, but this was my first year and needed to buy all the clobber.

I am yet to get my gammy shoulder fixed. I reckon that will be the most expensive 'purchase' of my season.

Yes, it was an expensive year! I started off by upgrading everything: Board, bindings, boots, goggles and even some wear (200,000). I got a season pass package for 4 resorts (35,000) and then I ended the season by breaking my leg and shelling out around 600,000 to the hospital. My wife's thinking I should find a new hobby...golf?

I spent 55,000 on a season pass and probably another 30,000 on day passes at other resorts. I had all my gear, but upgraded boots and some new pants when i was back in NZ (about 70,000) a Hokkaido trip (lots) and then just petrol and eats.

When I compare this to the amount of money I spend in summer its waaaaay cheaper. I drunk less booze than summer too so easier on the wallet for sure.

With season pass, new board, bindings, jacket, gloves, season pass, and about 8 day passes, along with gasoline, and the car, whose sole purpose was for snowboarding, plus the new hat, wax, scraper, and probably some other stuff I am forgetting, I spent about . . .

. . .a bajillion yen, but it was money well spent.

BTW, that was only after I deducted the expenses of anyone who might have been accompanying me.

Most of it went on air-tickets, hotel and F&B. I thought food was expensive in Japan, it's so much more so in France. Not complaining, though, those French chefs got me salivating just thinking of the yummies I had when I was in France.

Markie, this is like listening to the chatter on a police radio - you can figure out most of what's going on, but there's a lot of crackle. So, you went to France with a certain Japanese lady perhaps? Who now sings the song that goes, "♭ If you want me for your girl, you must come to see, that you're not the boy for me... ♪"

Harsh...

Just to set the record straight, my trips to Rusutsu and Courcheval were with Chinese girls and my trip to Arai was with the Chizuman. I guess the Chizuman was lucky cos he got more or less the same package as the others but he did have to provide any of the services the others offered me.

You might want to go with me to Hakuba next year, Ocean.