Hi Guys, sorry I havent posted in a while, was sulking about not getting over in Jan this year. Following that I lost my job and havent worked at all since April but have been putting the time to good use.

Quite unexpectidly I am off to China tomorrow night for a job interview and Im tacking on another 10 days to have a bit of a site see. Its just occured to me as I was pulling my mitts out of my board bag that there will be some snow.....

So what's the advice re boarding in China? Is it worth the effort and if so where will be the best resorts to hit. Thanks a lot for all your help and Merry Xmas to those members who celebrate it.

Thanks guys. How you been Bagofcrips?

I'll be flying in and out of Beijing as I fly up to Changchun then a four drive to the site, its a Gold Mine and the roll is Environmental Manager. After that back to Beijing where I am free to do as I please for 10 days.

Role is 4 weeks straight work then 2 weeks off and you cn travel anywhere on those two weeks so if I get the job I should be boarding in Japan late Feb :

Quote:
PINGTIAN RESORT MOVES OPENING TO NOVEMBER 2008
Decision to delay made with an eye toward ensuring product quality
URUMQI, XINJIANG, CHINA, 5 October 2007 – PingTian Resorts President & CEO, Thomas Ching, announced today
that the new resort being developed in northwest China’s Xinjiang region will now come on-line in November 2008. This is one
year later than originally envisioned.

erm, somehow, no. Urumqui? No freaking way until the ethnic cleansing completes.

Well having left Beijing this morning for my interview, leaving my board etc at the hotel, then flying to Changchun and then a 5 hr car trip how silly did I feel when I reached Baishan City where I am staying and saw the signs for skiing which is apparently quite close to where I am. On the upside, if I get/take the job I will get quite a bit of riding in this season.

Another bonus happened in Perth airport on my way to Beijing, I turned around when I heard a couple talking to their young daughter about having another white Xmas and we got chatting and it turned out to be a member from here, Tim and his family from Bears Den. Its a small world smile

Changchun is supposed to be one of the better places to ski in China too... if you get the chance to check it out would be great to find out more about. Wrap up warm though - it's frrrrrreeeeeeeeezin there!

Too right its cold......, coldest I've ever been and I lived in NW Colorado and worked above the tree line. Hoping to check out a resort in the morning on the way back to Changchun airport which is close. Had a good site visit at the mine and all looks promising but there is another candidate so will wait and see. A highlight was I found a nice slope that looks like its about 100m long and reasonable steep, just so happens its the tailings dam wall, but looks prime for some kickers. smile smile smile I haven't got the dock for my camera with me but will upload some pics in the next couple of days.

• SnowJapan Admin
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
No pics as snowjapan doesnt seem to want to upload :(

What do you mean by that pete?

If your photos fall into one of our 3 categories (Japan Snow, Japan General, Overseas Snow) you are very welcome to upload them:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_gallery_image_uploader.php

More info:
http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/342305/Uploading_photos_to_SnowJapan_.html

friend