• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone as Christmas draws closer I think we should all take a minute to realise how lucky we are and what we have and also give a thought to those people who a less fortunate than ourselves. I had 3 very sad stories in my store this week and it reminds me of how lucky I am.

1) A gentleman's wife has terminal cancer and this will be her last christmas so they are trying to make it as special as the can for her and hoping she can make it through to the new year. 45 years young

2) A young man came in and he has just be diagnosed with testical cancer and there is nothing they can do for him as it has traveled through out his body - no signs of illness at all just noticed one day that one of his testicles had gone a little hard. 27 years young.

3) Another one of my customers just lost their 3 year old daughter to Leukemia.

So snow or no snow in Niseko I am truly blessed in life

It will probably be much better than back home in the UK.

Apparently, the UK doesn't go overboard on Christmas any more, though that is the story from an uncle who tends to over-exaggerate things!

Originally Posted By: scouser
It will probably be much better than back home in the UK.
Apparently, the UK doesn't go overboard on Christmas any more, though that is the story from an uncle who tends to over-exaggerate things!

lol
I was in London on the 27th of Dec last year and there was plenty of Christmas stuff around then!!

Especially liked the Christmas Faire in Hyde Park - there is nothing like that here in Perth! Just the atmosphere of people strolling around all rugged up against the cold, stopping for a Gluewhein or Hot Chocolate, buying decorations for the tree, interesting gift items - all still there POST Christmas. It wouldn't work in hot old Perth. No wonder ex-pats lament their lost cold weather Christmases when they are living here.

Is it not already on?

There seem to be Sales on in shops there constantly now and I did read that there were some pretty mean sales going on over the weekend to try and get the business.

All the old traditions crumbling away.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I am really quite excited about being in Tokyo for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I have never been away from home for Christmas before!

hope you enjoy it BUT there isn't much of a Christmas feel over here. Although Fujisawa station is decked out nicely in lots of Christmas lights
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Who here likes Christmas? I think I like it more recently because my lady friend loves it so much. THere's so little of the baggage and all of the commerciality but in a fun and innocent way, somehow. And of course hopefully some skiing. Miss family though.

So what about presents. I have just ordered my present for me, a new 70-300mm Nikkor lens. groovy Of course, giving is so much more fun. wink

shhet, you're gonna have a great Christmas