If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls

what I see is quite disgusting, but I suspect he chooses to show the attention-grabbing exceptions.

those idiots need to be locked up for their cruelty.

the money drives the overall activities and as a society we should be willing to pay more for a more humane way, but reality will never allow that to happen.

free range eggs are now a (more expensive) alternative, but i wonder what share of the egg market they get?

And what about the fluffy white sheep?

Are they stupid, devoid of emotion and not worth saving?

Am happy to pay more for decent quality, well treated meat less often, instead of poor quality, inhumanely treated meat more often.

Sorry but eat wagyu once every fortnight instead of Australian or American once a week, even though it is half the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, Thursday, can we talk?

the um... animal rights thingy stuff... well, thats my gig. i post the reactionary stuff, and you add some dry sarcasm. Thats the way its supposed to work. You stealing my fire!

Pezby

As for nothing changing, please get real.

strict animal treatment laws are in place in much of Europe, due to information like this and the efforts of activists. America still has extremely lax laws, but got MUCH better after the publication of 'Diet For A New America'. Even McDonalds has improved the conditions for the chickens it buys due to outside pressure.

As for Japan... well, they still are cool with filleting a fish alive, have no influential animal rights orgs like PETA or the SPCA, and dress their pets in the most humiliating outfits...

And if you don't like what you see, than you can at least refuse to give those industries any money, and purchase free-range meat (preferably from conditions you can see for yourself) or reduce the amount you consume.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
what else are we supposed to eat Paul?

GM crops?
Crops that are over watered and fed with chemicals to stave off the insects and pests?

Rob,

where do you think most of the overwatered, chemical-fed GM crops go to?

Here's a hint, over 90% of the soybean crop in the US and much of the GM crops are NOT produced for human consumption.
Originally Posted By: quattro
Meat is murder

And the flesh you so fancifully fry
Is not succulent, tasty or kind
It's death for no reason
And death for no reason is MURDER

The Smiths

If preceeded by a heartfelt...EE..TA..DA..KI..MA..SU!! then it's just dinner.

I was thinking about this footage when I was shopping for a turkey. Ended up with an ultra expensive free-range from the states.

There were loads of butterballs, but that East Anglian accent of that bloke in the turkey fram in the vid put me off.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I was thinking about this footage when I was shopping for a turkey. Ended up with an ultra expensive free-range from the states.

There were loads of butterballs, but that East Anglian accent of that bloke in the turkey fram in the vid put me off.

Nice one Thursday. It really is as simple as voting with your wallet. As for price, when I started buying organic things where much more expensive than they are now. Higher sales > economies of scale > we all pay less and dance in the sun.

But, if we were not meant to eat animials, why were they made so tasty?

I'm sorry, but the PETA idiots have NFI about anything in the real world!

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
Originally Posted By: RobBright
what else are we supposed to eat Paul?

GM crops?

Crops that are over watered and fed with chemicals to stave off the insects and pests?

Rob,

where do you think most of the overwatered, chemical-fed GM crops go to?

Here's a hint, over 90% of the soybean crop in the US and much of the GM crops are NOT produced for human consumption.

into soy sauce?