MB take the clan over to Annapuri and if you are feeling up to it have a shot at the bowl on the skiers left,Gate no 7 i think it is(some one maybe able to clarify that). its out off bounds and as long as the gate is open, its amazing. Stick to the skier right to start off and then head over to the skiers left thru the trees. Its like being the only boarder on the mountain in there, especially after fresh snow. Follow the gully down and you should pop out at the base of the gondola there. Probably mu favourite area. If you did strawberry fields the other day you should have no problem with this area. Have fun

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips guys.

Strawberry's was great fun - stressy for an old girl like me - but loved it just the same. So yeah - we are looking to stretch a bit. Kids are well and truly up to it...they smash it.

Blueberry's is also great fun and often not as many people as Strawberry's. I particularly like to hit it first thing in the morning. Don't enter directly from Stairway to Heaven. Take the track to Legend of Shinya and drop in about half way along. You get a good fall line through some fairly tight trees, great fun!

Shhhhhh! C'mon GN Let them find it for themselves! Have been in there several times in the past two weeks and noticed that there isn't quite enough snow recently. After a few good dumps it should be going off again.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Shhhhhh! C'mon GN Let them find it for themselves! Have been in there several times in the past two weeks and noticed that there isn't quite enough snow recently. After a few good dumps it should be going off again.

I didn't find any problems with lack of snow. I like it now as there's a lot more natural features to huck off and I kind of enjoy skiing through sasa, adds to the challenge razz

Shhhhhhh! I'm trying to deter people from getting into it! Actually, two days ago we had a grand old time in there (as well as last week). It's definitely a challenging little place with some fun features but I wouldn't recommend it to those who don't know what they are doing because the trees are pretty tight!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Blueberry's is also great fun and often not as many people as Strawberry's. I particularly like to hit it first thing in the morning. Don't enter directly from Stairway to Heaven. Take the track to Legend of Shinya and drop in about half way along. You get a good fall line through some fairly tight trees, great fun!
clap clap
That's one 4 to go evilgrin
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Shhhhhhh! I'm trying to deter people from getting into it! Actually, two days ago we had a grand old time in there (as well as last week). It's definitely a challenging little place with some fun features but I wouldn't recommend it to those who don't know what they are doing because the trees are pretty tight!
You forgot to mention the Bears, they get real p^^$ed if you wake them from hibernation OH and the tigers MANEATERS!

Just to recap:
No snow so don't go.
Challenging so don't go
Tight trees so don't go
Bears and Tigers SO DON"T GO lol

Was out in the blizzard today biggrin

Caught up with Seemore on the lifts (YAY for the SJ sticker on my helmet!!)

Took some pic's - will upload this evening - but heading out to AbuCha2 for dinner this evening so I better go get a post-POW shower before it is too late.

AWESOME on-piste action today - totally AWESOME!

I still hate you! biggrin

But you just go ahead and enjoy the hell out of yourself, don't worry about us poor souls enduring 30-35 degree temps by day and 20+ by night! We'll cope! kiss

1st of January, 2010. What a way to see in the New Year!!

This is me and BFG (#3 BearCub who is 12 years old). Papa thought we looked hilarious all layered up (I had three thermal long sleeve tops on!) - and matching thermal tops at that. I am 5ft6 - so the lad is a big 'un for 12 years old. Lots of people at restaurants, snowboard shopping etc have had trouble believing his is only twelve! I was not smiling - coz I MAY have been just a tad hung over.

Mamabear_25.jpg

Introducing Seemore and Little Miss Seemore. We met up in the Ace Quad lift queue. No one was recognizable in all the Sara Lea Layers of clothing - but my SJ stickers on my helmet gave me away!! thumbsup Thanks SJ. BTW...Seemore...I have some for you - will get them to you when we get home.

Mamabear_26.JPG

Plenty of Freshies to be had on piste today! smile

Mamabear_27.JPG

Look Mum - no Knee's! Again - on piste. Just before the base of the Ace Quad!! Amazing.

Mamabear_28.JPG

I discovered today that I am pretty crap at riding real Japow...I tanked and rolled a fair bit today. But I loved every minute of it!! lol

Couldn't resist one for the extreme snow photo's - this car was buried in the Niseko Alpen Car Park, just below the base of the Ace Quad lift. Poor little car!

Mamabear_29.JPG

Seemore is headed home tomorrow, so he should be back on line in the next day or two with some pic uploads of his own. clap

Truly Blizzard conditions up there today guys.

We made the effort to get up for first tracks - and Lordy Be! I thought it was blowing yesterday!!! doh

One trip up the Holiday Lift (First Crew on the lifts we were) was enough for me. The harder core of the group had a few runs, but the flat light defeated me. Vertigo kicked in and I forgot which way was up - made for some really sad stacks.

Interestingly all the lifts except the Ace Family/Pair, King1 and Holiday were closed. Not even the Ace Quad running. So next thing you know the Groomers piled down to the Gondola - all the Tokyu Snow Staff piled onto them with thier boards (only ONE skier among the lot of them) and off they went for a 'snow day'! Talk about laugh. My 16yr old got a photo on his iPhone, but he can't work out how to flick it through to me to upload - so you will have to wait for that one until Mid-January.

Bear Family are gonna have a game of 'Snowboarding Monopoly' and try the lifts again this afternoon.

Truly a brave endevour this morning MB. I had a look outside this morning and then promptly doubled up on the morning Irish coffee. Looks like it ain't happenin' today. I'm going to go mental on the slopes over the next few days to make up for it!

I'm a little jealous about the staff getting up to the top of the mountain!

BTW, I think I saw your boys over at Annupuri a few days ago! (maybe)

We were over there on the 30th - yes.

The little ones were with us -the older two hit up Strawberries.

Hoping for a clearing tomorrow.

I don't care if it is hard packed, icy, powder, windy whatever - as long as it is not all those PLUS flat light.

Plan is for Rusutsu tomorrow so I will be gutted if it is like today after the effort to get there. (First time in Rusutsu for me).

Funniest thing BM - the staff gave us all a little wave (like the Royal wave Lizzie would give as her carriage rolls past) - and one of our crew waved back, smiled sweetly and said "yes, off you go - p!ss off you lucky b@st@ards." Couldn't help but LAUGH. I am sure they know a nice protected area with huge snow accumulation!!!