hey Mamabear, where, EXACTLY, is strawberry fields? I think I have ski'd there a bit without actually knowing it. Is it down behind silver dream in Hanazono? The name is not actually marked on any of the maps.

Lastly, for someone in the thick of it you sure spend a lot of time on these forums. Wouldnt you prefer to be ripping it up rather than keeping us **** up to date? These forums are furthest thing from my mind when I'm actually in Niseko (no disrespect intended).

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam, mate! Do you not realise that the Mama is just looking after all her kidlies who cannot make it to the land of powder this season. (she's actually got one of those tiny pocket PCs with wifi, so she can do stuff while riding the chair up for the next run! worship)

DON'T LISTEN to him, Mamabear! Just keep posting!

LOL!

You can't spend all day on the mountain fella's - well I can't!

I have my laptop with me, and we still have to be in touch with our business at home, or everything would implode - so staying connected is necessary anyway.

I download my pic's from my camera every night so there is plenty of room for more (and charge the battery) - so while I am doing that I upload the pic's for family and friends back home to facebook and for you lot at SJ. It really doesn't take very long. About the same time as I have to sit and wait for the shower to be free to get ready to go out for dinner!

Last nights uploads were done some time between midnight and 2am I think - while I waited up for Papa to come in - I left him at the Northwind singing "Caraoke" [yes I know it is with a K, but the sign spells it this way] - and wanted to make sure he stumbled thru the door safely.

Called it a day today (3.30) and being here is preferable to the other task I have to do - LAUNDRY!

Oh and Samwillis5,

Always happy to help...

Strawberry Fields: Just at the top of the Hanazono#1 Quad lift there is the start of Silver Dream. To the skiers left of Silver Dream, and skiers right of the lift you just got off you will see a gate - on the gate it has pictures of strawberries - that's it! Enjoy.

thanks MB. I thought that was it. Have ski'd it many times without actually appreciating where I was.

Ps. what is the family business..... bank robbery or drug dealing??? 4 weeks in Niseko with 4 kids, new boards and a trip to the states next year - it couldnt be anything legal....surely.

Totally legal.

In fact - GOOD for you. dance

We have a fruit and veg wholesale company - worked our butts off and scrimped and saved to get ahead and grow - no holidays for YEARS and YEARS - and we got started on it early (married at 20, first child at 22, business started at 24). The time we get away nowadays is probably a tad excessive, but we worked and sacrificed and never did the partying and holidaying that our mates did before settling down - so I reckon we deserve it.

And it is only THREE weeks in Niseko (and a few days in Tokyo). wink

Even with all the vacation time that Papa takes he still probably puts in more hours to the business than the average man works in Perth - and even though we are on vacation he is still in touch daily. But I am not complaining...life is good!

MB

Loved the photos

I am so jealous I am already starting to look at next year.

I put that little bit of video of New Years on another Thread.

That was my worst run for the entire trip after filming that.

Obviously you all survived. wave

MB Don't waste time justifying how you have time down load pictures for our pleasure. Us Aussie's stuck back home in sweltering heat are checking the forums daily for our fix AND we are loving what we see. Keep up the good work everyone.

I will try hard in Feb to continue on with pics and reports. smile

Originally Posted By: Jimmer
MB, was it you that I saw finishing up a lesson with Pete at the bottom of family today?

I didn't go on the lesson - but the 3 eldest of my boys did - they also have another tomorrow same time same bat channel.
So yeah wave Hi!! Say HELLO next time!
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Real men just tell their wives what will be happening thurs without having to negotiate some sort of payback....you should give it a try sometime! razz

rollabout so that's why you've not been telling