• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there from the end of December to beginning of January. (20/12~10/01) I'll probably be going again towards the end of March... but it depends on the season we are having here in Honshu. The March trip is always something I plan at the last minute!

Gee Thats a bummer Thurs.

I was hoping we could catch up.

We may have been in London around the same time.

What resort are you going too as you mentioned you would be somewhere on the 29th?

MB have you got your tickets yet and are you traveling with us plebs or do we walk past your seats on the way to ours?

We are up the back with you seemore!

HEY! We will be on the same PLANE - you are going QUAINT-ASS overnighter depart 22nd arrive 8am ish Narita right?

Are you Qantas Club members or gonna sit out in the pleb waiting area at Perth Airport before the flight.

Yeah same plane MB.

Looked at the Qclub but as we don't normaly fly with them (as their time is nearly up crash wise) couldn't see the value.

We don't travel as much as you 2.

We still haven't received tickets yet though, had a shit fight trying to get a connecting flight to Sapporo with out changing to Haneda.

OK - well maybe we should exchange mobile numbers via PM so we can meet up at the airport and say Hi! Will make it easier to spot one another in the pub in Niseko! wink

We will chill in the Qantas Club - gotta get out moneys worth!

We are heading up to Niseko on the 26th - we need to go shopping first - but bizarrely we got the NARITA-SAPPORO flight on the 26th. Whenever we want to go straight thru we end up with a HANEDA/SAPPORO, but this time when we really dont care) it is NARITA - go figure!

Add: about the QClub - we fly with them a fair bit, but we only paid for the memberships the first time, and since then we have renewed with our freq flyer points - so it works for us. The main reason we got the membership was for the extra 10kg baggage allowance each member - helps with the snowboard weight.

Sounds good MB

I will get it to you before we go, although I was thinking of getting the stewardess to wish MB a happy B'day on the plane and just look around for the women with 4 boys blushing. rollabout

Yo Yo Yo.

I'll be in Niseko from 11th to 18th or so of Feb. I havent booked a place yet, but that's on my to do list for today. Any suggestions? Cheap of course, but also I'm not into non-stop 24hrs party scene. I like to ski and sleep and ski and sleep. Maybe slip in a beer and some food every now and then. I'm totally new to Japan. I don't even know which area at Niseko to stay at. I'm guessing Hirafu is the place, yeah?

After Niseko I'll probably hit Rusutsu and one other place. I've to be in Tokyo area on the 1st of March.

It would be totally fun to organize a meet up. And I'd also be keen to ski/board with people who know the place and can show me the secret spots.

Sweet As. (uh oh, I think I've been living in NZ for too long cause I keep saying sweet as.

)

--Eric

I'm always here....happy to meet up with some SJ'ers and show you the good spots. Also if you're up for a night of Karaoke in Kutchan then let me know, I'm always looking for singing partners!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I'm always here....happy to meet up with some SJ'ers and show you the good spots. Also if you're up for a night of Karaoke in Kutchan then let me know, I'm always looking for singing partners!

thumbsup Now THAT's what I am talking about!!!! biggrin

Black Diamond Lodge might suit, quality people, nice pub there and then nightly trips for those that are looking for more in Hirafu etc. And they know the area; Rusutsu, Kurodake...spent 2+weeks there last season and will return. The cover shot for the Dec issue of Powder was shot by a kool crew from Sweden that was there over New Years last year.