• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

We live on commision only.

And you need to pay your own super.

Altough we don't earn as much as that women in charge of Westpac $10,500,000 per annum.

Do not feel sorry for us as we make the PM'S wage look pretty average.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: seemore
We live on commision only.
And you need to pay your own super.

Altough we don't earn as much as that women in charge of Westpac $10,500,000 per annum.

Do not feel sorry for us as we make the PM'S wage look pretty average.

you realise Kev is on about $350k. and tbh im not sure if that would even be taxed, i would hope so :S
Originally Posted By: Korbzy

you realise Kev is on about $350k. and tbh im not sure if that would even be taxed, i would hope so :S

It really is pitiful how much the PM gets paid. The person in charge of running the whole country and he earns less than what most CEO's would pay in tax. Aussies always complain about their politicians but what do you expect to get when you're offering such ridiculously low wages? The best minds in the country? Um no...
Originally Posted By: veronica
Is the AET wage still 300,000? I remember that went unchanged for a long long time.

eh...no...its less!

generally AET companies will start you on a basic of 250k. If you are direct hire then the wage is around 300k, I sadly am not direct hire sadface
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: Korbzy

It really is pitiful how much the PM gets paid. The person in charge of running the whole country and he earns less than what most CEO's would pay in tax. Aussies always complain about their politicians but what do you expect to get when you're offering such ridiculously low wages? The best minds in the country? Um no...

the PM wage is pitiful, but the retirement benefits are rediculous. they get a chauffeur driven limo for the rest of their lives, and guaranteed reirement wage for the rest of their life as well, plus free overseas travel etc etc etc

The retirement wage I understand - because an ex-PM suddenly becomes less than employable...he is more likely to be asked to speak at this opening or that festival, and it would be considered mean if he charged...don't you think?!

The chauffeur driven limo... I would think an ex-head of state would require ongoing protection, and therefore a trained government driver with protective skills would be a must.

The free oversea's travel I am not so sure about - if the ex-PM was traveling for a 'country supportive' reason - a conference, to cut a ribbon on the opening of some thing that Aus has assisted to fund...blah blah ...all well and good. But for recreational travel I reckon he should pony up for that! However it wouldnt look all that good to other nations if old Bob Hawke was up the back in cattle class on his way to Bali would it?!

What the PM gets in retirement is nothing compared to say a CEO getting a golden handshake of 10's of millions of dollars. I just get frustrated with the incredibly high expectations people have of politicians when they are only prepared to pay them so little.

And it's almost like a poli is considered a traitor to the nation and needs to be strung up if they rort a couple of grand in travel expenses but we all accept that CEO's of major companies can get paid out multi millions even when they do a bad job and have lost the company millions? I just don't understand the way most people think obviously...

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
The retirement wage I understand - because an ex-PM suddenly becomes less than employable...he is more likely to be asked to speak at this opening or that festival, and it would be considered mean if he charged...don't you think?!

your joking right??!! Ex-PM's and Heads of State get shed loads on the Speaking Circuit
What the PM gets in retirement is nothing compared to say a CEO getting a golden handshake of 10's of millions of dollars. I just get frustrated with the incredibly high expectations people have of politicians when they are only prepared to pay them so little.
And it's almost like a poli is considered a traitor to the nation and needs to be strung up if they rort a couple of grand in travel expenses but we all accept that CEO's of major companies can get paid out multi millions even when they do a bad job and have lost the company millions? I just don't understand the way most people think obviously...

I think that the reason most people think like this is that they feel its THEIR money that gets used by the politicians by way of taxes, so they demand value, whereas a CEO is using a private source of funds and so people don't feel they have a vested interest in the CEO's business.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

I think that the reason most people think like this is that they feel its THEIR money that gets used by the politicians by way of taxes, so they demand value, whereas a CEO is using a private source of funds and so people don't feel they have a vested interest in the CEO's business.

Yeah, funny that! How do they get their "private source" of funds, I wonder? By ripping off the mug punters, that's how!

The banker CEO gets that payout out of the profits made by ever increasing fees and charges levied on the poor unsuspecting depositor.

horse
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Not entirely true, arent you aware that our current PM is trying to set himself up for a very senior position on the UN. this is one of the reasons he's beeen pushing the ETS so hard before Copehagen.

A lot of other senior pollies become overseas ambassadors etc

I agree wholeheartedly GN.

I would never consider being a polly unless:

1/ the wage was substantially better, these guys work long hours and have no private life, and
2/ I could run a dictatorship
Originally Posted By: JA
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Yeah, funny that! How do they get their "private source" of funds, I wonder? By ripping off the mug punters, that's how!

The banker CEO gets that payout out of the profits made by ever increasing fees and charges levied on the poor unsuspecting depositor.

horse

I didn't say I agreed with it, but that is probably the reason for the difference highlighted by GN.

Gareth, yeah I know. After he stepped down from UK PM, Tony Blair became the special UN Envoy........to the MIDDLE EAST!!! The exact place that he helped destroy by way of the War on terror. he was quoted afterwards about how he wanted to help bring peace to the middle east!! A little late for that Tony my boy!!