SJ GIVEAWAYS 09/10 - 10 lift tickets for Marunuma Kogen (Gunma Prefecture)

• SnowJapan Moderator

snowjapangiveaways.gif

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/special.php

This week we have 10 one-day lift ticket vouchers for the Marunuma Kogen resort in Gunma Prefecture.

WHAT IS THE PRIZE:

10 lift ticket vouchers for the Marunuma Kogen resort in Gunma Prefecture.

These prizes are NONTRANSFERABLE (ie. only the winner can use it).

GIVEAWAY PERIOD:

Thursday 3rd December 2009 - Thursday 10th December 2009

HOW TO ENTER:

Go here! >>

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/special.php

marunuma-kogen-a.jpg

111.jpg

---------------------------------------------

More details about this Giveaway, including conditions and validity, can be found on the above page (above).

Please note that you need to be logged into SJ Insider to be able to enter the giveaway. To register, click here.

Many thanks to Marunuma Kogen for co-operating with us in this Giveaway. Further information on Marunuma Kogen resort:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/marunuma-kogen.html

Official website (Japanese):

http://www.malnuma.com

Good luck to you all!

How are the winners selected ?

Forum trolls \ staff favourites \ random ?

Also why is there nowhere that states who won the prizes ?

Seems a bit secretive to me as if to cover who the winners are..Or a dodgy winner selection criteria..

Anyway.. Good luck to those who enter..

• SnowJapan Moderator

You're welcome. shifty

Quote:
How are the winners selected ?

Forum trolls \ staff favourites \ random ?

Random.

(The only people who may not win are the ones that give us attitude+1).

Quote:
Also why is there nowhere that states who won the prizes?

Because some people do not particularly want their names to be announced in public.

We used to announce them, but it caused a fair few problems.

The companies who kindly donate the prizes know who wins the Giveaways.

The winners know who wins the Giveaways.

And more than a few winners seem to announce themselves on here, that's fine too - they are more than welcome to.

It's not a secret at all.

In fact, we encourage them to take photos and share their experiences at the resorts on these Forums once they have been.

Quote:
Seems a bit secretive to me as if to cover who the winners are.. or a dodgy winner selection criteria..

Thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt.

The resorts / companies who take part in the Giveaways are happy.

The people who win are happy.

And I don't know the number off-hand but there are easily well over 100 people each and every season.

If you don't want to enter the Giveaways, that's just fine by us.

wave

Originally Posted By: SJ#4

Random.
(The only people who may not win are the ones that give us attitude+1).

So its not random then..The entries are screend and the ones staff dont like are deleted ??

Sorry.. No more from me about this
Had a crappy day..

• SnowJapan Moderator

Incorrect. It has nothing to do with us liking or not liking someone. We personally know/have met very few people who use these Forums and whats more we don't even know many of their real names.

Each entry needs to be manually opened and saved/moved in order to put all the entries together and also to save the comments in a different file.

I have just checked, there are actually 6 accounts that are flagged. If there is an entry to a giveaway from that account, the entry does not even get to us as it is automatically filtered out. There is no other screening/filtering going on. Those accounts are flagged for a particular - good - reason and I'm not going to get into those details.

Pezby, could you perhaps keep your 'crappy day' to yourself and not clutter up this announcement thread for this Giveaway with your accusations.

If you don't trust us and wish to cause a fuss in public, please just go somewhere else and do it there.

FFS Pezby, get a life will you.

SJ#4, add Pezby to that list.

Don't give stuff to people like that.

I might even be able to take advantage of this Giveaway, I will try to enter. It might help shape our still very unshapely plans!

Originally Posted By: Pezby
Sorry.. No more from me about this

What a shame.

Originally Posted By: Pezby

wakaranai

Not only have you had a crappy day, but you come across as an ungrateful and childish fool.

wave

Well...I've been here for a few years now.

Entered a fair few giveaways (not all, as I only enter ones I am confident I could use if I won one) - and got lucky and hit the jackpot with the naming of the Double Black White Horse Restaurant. That one was not random, as the winning name was selected by the Hotel, not SJ - after all who wants a random name for their restaurant!

When I was notified the SJ boys didn't even realize it was me as the entry was under our real names not our Forum Tags. It was quite funny when the penny dropped.

I wont be entering any more competitions this season as I can't justify a third trip to Japan in the season if I were to fluke another win.

thumbsup In my book you would be hard pressed to find another forum where things are so transparent and straight up and down as they are here. party SJ rocks....and so do the giveaways biggrin

Now go have a beer or three and cheer up Pezby.

SJ#4, I would not spend any time responding to junk like that.

And yes, I would put him/her on any filtering list I had!

I just don't get some people and their attitude, it must be tiring carrying it round all day every day.

I'll let people know when I win something. In the past I've won a bunch of lift tickets over the years.

Thanks SJ thumbsup

• SnowJapan Moderator

Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
and got lucky and hit the jackpot with the naming of the Double Black White Horse Restaurant. That one was not random, as the winning name was selected by the Hotel, not SJ - after all who wants a random name for their restaurant!

The restaurant names that were submitted were sent to the hotel without the names/usernames of the people who entered.

The hotel had no idea who sent in what.

Once the winning restaurant name was picked, we looked at the records and found the winner.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
When I was notified the SJ boys didn't even realize it was me as the entry was under our real names not our Forum Tags. It was quite funny when the penny dropped.

That was quite funny, yes. Congratulations, Mamabear.

Always happy when 'someone we like' wins. friend

Anyway, enough explaining of these things. A few more days left for this Marunuma Kogen lift ticket giveaway.

• SnowJapan Moderator

This Giveaway is now closed.

10 people will be notified by lunchtime today by email - please let us know even if for some reason you can't claim as we will offer the prize to someone else.

If you win you are very welcome to post on here and we hope you might take\upload some photos and let us know what is was like on here.

The new Giveaway will be online later today.

Thank you.