Has anybody gone to one of these events this year? Is anyone planning on going? I found a thread about the same thing but it was from 3 years ago and I figured that the event has probably changed since then? What's it like? How do I enter myself for the lucky draw thing at the event this weekend (50% off 09-10 boards, bindings, and boots)?

Also do they restock everyday? I'm planning on going to the event this weekend but I can only go on Sunday. Does that mean that all the sweet deals and all the average sizes will be bought up on Saturday and there will be nothing left on Sunday?

I'm hoping that I'll get to pick up the 2010 burton custom (if I can get it at a good price) or a 2009 burton (only 19,000!!) with ICS bindings and some vans/thirtytwo/burton boots. I'm a little sad that I'm going to end up getting all burton stuff. I really wanted to pick up a Capita board but I'm not sure about the whole shipping and custom tax thing.

My experience is,

you can always ask for discounts, and my experience as a Japanese is it's normal to get 20 % off. Unless you go to a department store.

Pretty amazing if you are getting 50% off new stock.

I went once and found the vast majority of the wear that they were flogging was not that good. Lower-end stuff.

That doesn't mean it's like that now, though, just a caution that they naturally make it sound like a bargain-fest and it's probably only like that for the first few hundred people through the door. The good stuff goes early.

SdS

I went to one of those exhibitions last week in Ikebukuro where resorts were. Nothing exciting. Iwappara resort did give me a snowjapan flyer though which I thought was quite funny.

As Skidaisuki says, it's mostly lower end gear from past seasons, but prices are pretty good. Mostly snowboarding but some ski stuff, too. Lots of clothes if you need that.

The next festa will be in Act City, Hamamatsu on Dec. 5 & 6, then Nagoya Dome, Nagoya, Dec.12 & 13, Toki Meese, Niigata, on Dec. 19 & 20, Maronie Plaza, Tochigi on Dec. 26 & 27, Saitama Super Arena on 1/3 & 4, and back to Tokyo Big Site on 1/8, 9, & 10.

You need to hang around for long time if you want to get in on the drawings. Don't know if it's worth it. Can be crowded at the beginning.

There is also the Snowboard Heaven and Ski Resort Fair held at the Saitama Super Arena this weekend, December 5/6, from noon to 6 pm on Saturday and until 5 pm on Sunday.

You need an invitation, but can also print out the confirmation mail from the JSBC site.