Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I think we paid about $180 each for 2 weeks. Be assured if you don't get it something will happen.
Ask Mamabear about her trip to Europe and the airlines lost our bags on our first trip.

lol thumbsup
Yup!
The universe taught me a lesson for being cocky and NOT getting the insurance sorted - BIG TIME!!

I'm with the DSV (German ski association) and I'm covered whenever I am snowboarding (which is slightly more compared to ski) outside Germany. So Austria, Italy, Swiss, Japan ...no problems. I think it's about $150 a year.

anyone know about Japanese ski insurance for injury I cause to others? Living here the government covers me for in-bound rescue and hospital treatment but someone told me I should get cover against injury to others. I'd never heard of it before. Costs about 2000 yen for a season, apparently. If anyone's got more details, please let me know, thanks.

Yahoo Insurance for winter sports includes coverage for rescue (includes Helicopter I guess). Applicants have to be Japan residents though.

Anyone know of any insurance companies that offer global coverage for international buyers? We need coverage for the following:

1. Singapore resident - off piste boarding in Japan

2. Singapore and Japan residents - off piste boarding in Gulmarg, India

I searched for "travel insurance" on the ING website, got directed to the AU site. Checked out their travel insurance policy and the applicants have to be Australian residents.

Did I go to the wrong part of the site?