Originally Posted By: thursday
tripitaka, are you a lager lout who would have a pint and then take off his shirt and stand in the middle of the street as people pass by and say "WHAT THE **** YOU LOOKIN AT" ? Just curious, as there are many ways of letting one's hair down.

I'd probably have to have drunk a bottle of Bundaberg and have had my mother brutally murdered before I would get in that state. Actually, I've never seen anyone behave like that in a Japanese ski resort. I did hear about one Aussie tourist who thought he might kick in a door of an establishment and the burly Kiwi owner having to be restrained from sending him back to Aussie in a box.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the OP wants an economical, lively place with some company, so the backpackers would be ideal. I've stayed at Hakuba Alps many times in the past, and the owners are great people - very friendly and when they have the time will drive you to the resorts.

It is obviously pot luck as to who you're staying there with, but people tend to behave themselves pretty well, and I've never experienced any bad attitude.

If you want to do most of your skiing / boarding at Goryu / 47 then it's a good choice. There are a few restaurants aroud there as well, all reasonably priced.

SdS

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
It saddens me to hear stories of Australian's acting like complete knobs like that! Make us all look bad veryangry

I think that most of us are mature enough not to stereotype based on nationality. Knobs transcend race, culture, and nationality. They're in a league of their own.