• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did look at it, but most places only offer accomodation for a minimum of 2 persons, an extra fee beeing charged if the room was booked anyway. Plus it'd be nice to have some input from people who've been there before.

Quote:
but most places only offer accomodation for a minimum of 2 persons

That's probably because lots of hotels only offer accommodation for a minimum of 2 persons with extra charges for single use.

But have you actually contacted places to find that out for yourself?

Have you contacted the cheaper backpacker-style places?
Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
I once stayed in Hakuba Alps Backpackers. Bit noisy but for peanuts can't complain I guess. Friendly people.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Yeah, all of the backpackers offer dorm style accommodation. I've been to K's house before. It's pretty nice and it's in the listing on the link above.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, I'm gonna check those out.

I stayed at Hotel De Laile in Happo One.

Was a comfortable but not flash, 3 star hotel. Very friendly owners.

I booked a twin room for one, which cost me 12000y per night incl. breakfast. Hotel has its own onsen and restaurant.

1 minute walk to Saka lift area

Dantk, I recommend that you try the Tracks Pub. They have decent, communal accommodation upstairs that is a 10-min walk from the plaza at Goryu. You could also try Lodge TabiTabi who will do their best to get you into a room with other solo travelers.

Well, its possible things have changed, but Hakuba Alps Backpackers and the Travellers Nest (above tracks) are owned by the same people but aren't the same building. Hakuba Alps Backpackers is actually down the road a bit. I've stayed at the Traveller's Nest many many times but I can't really recommend it compared to other places I have stayed. In my experience, it was the dirtiest, most run-down accommodation I've stayed at and the price is the same as any other backpackers going... unless they have done some renovations on the place I won't stay there again. It's sad too because the owners are really friendly, helpful and wonderful people... Tracks is also a great bar!

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Well, its possible things have changed, but Hakuba Alps Backpackers and the Travellers Nest (above tracks) are owned by the same people but aren't the same building. Hakuba Alps Backpackers is actually down the road a bit. I've stayed at the Traveller's Nest many many times but I can't really recommend it compared to other places I have stayed. In my experience, it was the dirtiest, most run-down accommodation I've stayed at and the price is the same as any other backpackers going... unless they have done some renovations on the place I won't stay there again. It's sad too because the owners are really friendly, helpful and wonderful people... Tracks is also a great bar!

It must have changed because I stayed there last year and it was fine. My mate's wife and two young daughters also stayed there and had a grand old time.
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
Would anyone actually WANT to stay above a bar?!
Can't think of much worse.

It depends on the bar. Countries such as Holland, Ireland and NZ have a fine tradition of "pub accommodation", but I guess it all comes down to the individual. Personally, I would much rather stay in pub accommodation than a youth hostel or a branded hotel, but that's just me.

OK right. Yes, in the UK too I have stayed in some fine pub accommodation.

So let me rephrase, I can't think of anything much worse than staying above a rowdy bar full of pissed dudes at a ski resort.

I am thinking the same, is there any accomodation with a beautiful women or five to host a young strapping lad? Would prefer a hottub for apres ski and close proximity to good bars. Am I asking for too much wakaranai

OK right. Yes, in the UK too I have stayed in some fine pub accommodation.

So let me rephrase, I can't think of anything much worse than staying above a rowdy bar full of pissed dudes at a ski resort.

How about staying above a rowdy bar full of English football thugs in the Midlands? I think I would choose the ski resort any day of the year. So your point is clear, the Tracks accommodation may not be the best place if your beauty sleep is a high priority.

Sigh. So let me rephrase again.

I can't think of anything much worse than staying above a rowdy bar full of pissed dudes at a ski resort or a rowdy bar full of English football thugs in the Midlands.

I'm sure there are other things on the same level of undesirable-ness, but don't feel the need to list them up.

Sigh. So let me rephrase again.

I can't think of anything much worse than staying above a rowdy bar full of pissed dudes at a ski resort or a rowdy bar full of English football thugs in the Midlands.

I'm sure there are other things on the same level of undesirable-ness, but don't feel the need to list them up.

Point taken. It's good that pubs exist for us rowdy pissed dudes, and in the case of Tracks, it's just a little stair climb to rest our weary heads.