• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Black Diamond
After getting a glimpse of how hard these professionals work to make the magic happen, I'm not so sure I envy them...well ok, maybe just a little bit.
Late night at the office. Photo: Mattias Fredriksson
black%20diamond_15.JPG

It gets dark before 5:00 these days. If that's a "late night" that aint so bad!! No sympathy from me, dude.
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
If I get sponsored to jump out of an airplane every day or fly in a tunnel, or snowboard in the northern&southern hem all year, would I call that hard work ? biggrin

I would call it heaven, just a dream come over true.:)

Being able to live and work in the Niseko area is basically my dream come true! Just need to get my permanent residency now so that I don't actually have to be sponsored by a company to continue living here.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Being able to live and work in the Niseko area is basically my dream come true! Just need to get my permanent residency now so that I don't actually have to be sponsored by a company to continue living here.

This is my ultimate goal...how do I be like you?
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Park City. Little Cottonwood Canyon... Mitch, you're welcome to come to Japan but you're only 45 minutes away from the dream all ready! Pretty close.

I agree! Once I finish my trade in fitting, im going to be applying for jobs as a lift fitter smile only 1 more year! Yew
Originally Posted By: ger

Park City. Little Cottonwood Canyon... Mitch, you're welcome to come to Japan but you're only 45 minutes away from the dream all ready! Pretty close.

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe not many cute Japanese girls in SLC though? razz

Agree, Mitch - you should try the local dream first!

Our "local" ski-jo is at least 9hours drive away! Not something I could do for a weekend.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
....and I can't drive to any...there is always someone out there further away from the dream. Enjoy what you have got, and make moves to get closer if you really want it.

Believe me, I do not take for granted one bit of what I have here. Mountains are amazing, good city to live in, getting snow finally, good friends etc etc.

I just want to experience something new. I am a ramblin man, can't sit me still in one place for too long. I have skied everything there is to ski in Litte/big cottonwood, Millcreek, Parley's, Park City, Uintas, everything. I can't wait to visit Niseko and get a cultural view of Japan. That is the whole reason, and there are some great SJ'ers that I hope will be willing to ski with me and show me some of the night life smile

COmment about Japanese girls: we have cougars here in Park City which is an even better definition of attraction.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Got my daily fix first time on the Chopstickers yesterday

img0023w.jpg

New storm of 30+ inches woohoooo Monday is going to be epic

do you ski and board Mitch?

Nope, just ski. I board maybe twice a year just goofing off with friends but skiing is my life smile

Got my daily fix today. Almost a meter at the bird and another meter and a half by Tuesday.

If you could see my face you would see a huge smile. It's really heavy snow and was about a 2 hour delay to open, but it's snow at last! While people were waiting in line we had about a 130 person snowball fight. Can't wait to get out tomorrow. biggrin

Oh I did...the camera died before we took any shots of cliffs or anything. Plus we were just having too much fun.

Waiting in line for first chair...

img0001hw.jpg

Yup that's first chair at snowbird.

img0002qk.jpg

All in all a great day. Got first tracks at some point in every run and dropped around 30 different cliffs, tree wells, etc. Now if this just keeps up that will be awesome. Should have more updates tomorrow.