from this year on i don't have a car to drive to the mountains, and though i'd planned to ride up on the weekends with my buddy it turns out his girlfriend hates me and doesn't want me staying at their place anymore (which is the only way i'd be able to catch a ride with my friend). this leaves me stuck with a new board and no way to get out to the mountains besides trains which are just a pain.

so is there anyone in the northern saitama region (i live in honjo-shi on the takasaki line) with room for one more? i'm up for single day to all weekend trips, and i will of course pay my share in gas/tolls. if you can help out or know anyone else that can please let me know!

thanks

It's a bit harsh isn't it...

Is she one of those women that rushes to judgment and hates lots of people, or has she got a point....

There is only ONE of my husbands mates that I would accept using that word...I have heard all of his stories a gazillion times - he is a bore - he is arrogant - he is loud - he is opinionated - and I wouldn't leave him alone with my children for even 5 seconds (just something doesn't gel) - but I tolerate him. Papa knows I do not enjoy his company and he catches up with him more often at work or out, but on the few occasions in the year he comes to our home he wouldn't know that I can't stand him - I am polite.

Not too long ago I had a 'do not bring that man to our house ever again' moment with a coconut mate of Papa's from Rugby. I usually love the coconuts [islanders] but there was something very very wrong with the picture I was getting of this fellow. I wouldn't say hate - but warning bells went off LOUD. Well they were 'brothers' for about a year, although he never brought him home again, loved by all the men in the Rugby Club and despised by all the women. Needless to say there was a fair bit of "I told you so" going on when the fellow bailed with $40,000 AUD from the Rugby Bank Account! Not to mention the $1000 he owed this one, the $10,000 he owed another...etc.

Sometimes the girlies get it right.

Sometimes they are just bitches.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Why should we take you, I mean if your mate's girlfriend hates you, what's to say we won't too? razz

She doesn't like me because when my friend and her first started going out I would often go out with them and one of her single friends. This particular friend liked me, though I didn't like her in 'that' way, and one night we all got really drunk and something happened between me and said girl. I admit it was a stupid mistake and though me and said girl have recovered from it and were able to be friends again, my friend's girlfriend never seemed to forgive me.

However...

Since she's Japanese, she has to be all 'tatemae' and won't admit that's the reason she doesn't like me, instead she says that she "doesn't like {my buddy} when he's around me" so therefore it's really hard for me to hang around them anymore. Either way, my friend complains DAILY about how much of a drag she is, he's just too lazy to dump her.

That being said, I think I'd be a great guy to take up a bit of your toll/gas costs. I've got tons of interesting stories, and even if you don't wanna hear them I'm great at passing out and being generally quiet when requested haha. I'm not a spectacular boarder, but I follow the "gotta break some eggs to make an omelet" philosophy so I'm up for going wherever, whenever and for however long.

So...
someone...
pleaaaase worship

Ah...there ya go.

He's an alright bloke.

Ya mate needs to wake up though doesn't he?

Isn't the saying "Bro's before Ho's"...?

I'd give you a lift if I was in the region...you sound like you'd be a good laff to have around.

Yeah, it's crazy cause my buddy's girl isn't all that special (inside OR out) and he could do much better for a partner...

i'm sure something will work out. had luck last year with mixi so i may give that a go again this year

Originally Posted By: gaijindrifter
Yeah, it's crazy cause my buddy's girl isn't all that special (inside OR out) and he could do much better for a partner...

so you been inside, no wonder she donts want you around. rollabout

ok....have I positioned myself as a paragon of virtue spook? lol

It is a bit different if you are in a serious committed relationship and that person is the most important person in your life. I would expect Papa to give me the last lifejacket on a sinking ship over his buddies....

BUT

When you are dating you never let a guy {or girl} get in between your long standing friendships. Boyfriend {girlfriends} come and go - but your best friend will be there with the chocolates, booze and tissues to console you when it is over.

The expression is lacking in sophistication, but the message is honourable!

Failing getting a lift, I would recommend the shinkansen day trip deals from View. You can go from Kumagaya which I think is near you or maybe honjo waseda? I think its only about 8 or 9000 yen from there including lift pass, train takes about 45 minutes to Yuzawa. Ive gone on day trips from Gyoda in car - usually end up setting off earlier, getting there later and spending almost as much in petrol and tolls as it costs to go by train.

Thanks RB, I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer! We should exchange info soon as well

And are those shinkansen trips only good for the weekdays, or can I take advantage of that deal on the weekend as well? I've heard about this package, but where do I need to go to get it?

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
It's a bit harsh isn't it...
Is she one of those women that rushes to judgment and hates lots of people, or has she got a point....

There is only ONE of my husbands mates that I would accept using that word...I have heard all of his stories a gazillion times - he is a bore - he is arrogant - he is loud - he is opinionated - and I wouldn't leave him alone with my children for even 5 seconds (just something doesn't gel) - but I tolerate him. Papa knows I do not enjoy his company and he catches up with him more often at work or out, but on the few occasions in the year he comes to our home he wouldn't know that I can't stand him - I am polite.

Not too long ago I had a 'do not bring that man to our house ever again' moment with a coconut mate of Papa's from Rugby. I usually love the coconuts [islanders] but there was something very very wrong with the picture I was getting of this fellow. I wouldn't say hate - but warning bells went off LOUD. Well they were 'brothers' for about a year, although he never brought him home again, loved by all the men in the Rugby Club and despised by all the women. Needless to say there was a fair bit of "I told you so" going on when the fellow bailed with $40,000 AUD from the Rugby Bank Account! Not to mention the $1000 he owed this one, the $10,000 he owed another...etc.

Sometimes the girlies get it right.
Sometimes they are just bitches.

Was that the Cottesloe Rugby Club?

You can get the shinkansen deal at weekends, although its a little cheaper (500-1000 yen) on weekdays. You can get the tickets from View (ã³ã‚…ã†) which is a travel agents which you can find in main JR railway stations - I think there might be one in Kumagaya or Takasaki which I think are near you, although Im not 100% sure. Theres definately one in Omiya. You need to get the ticket the day before at the latest - you can't get them on the day. Sometimes if you book last minute, there are no seats left on certain trains, but you can just ask for a non-reserved seat (Jiyuu seki - 自由席).

and often the trains that are available legitimately are the later ones, so you don't get there till 10 am....however once you've bought your ticket, this will give you access thru the Shinkansen gates at any time on the day of departure, so just mosey on down to the station for the earliest shink, grab an unreserved seat and get there first thing! No one checks your ticket in the Unreserved section of the train. Although leaving from a station thats NOT Tokyo you may not find a seat

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
That would be the one indeed Timmyhugecans - your connection?

A friend of my used to coach them and he and a few of the players recently visited me(after the Bledislo Cup Game) They told me the story, bloody dodgy! I heard the club had a good year this year though, won a flag!

Papa was there with the Cott boys for the Bledisloe.

He is the President of the Juniors, and plays in the 4th grade and old boys teams. Yes they had a good year - the 1st grade. My younger boys played under 12's and under 10's this year ... another big year ahead.

That fellow was a sly, manipulative nut case - gotta say my work load increased this year to fund raise enough to cover the new gear for the Juniors this year. And will be the same this coming year. The nut case had the audacity to send Papa a text msg wishing him a happy new year too - he skipped the country, and we were out of Aus at the time we got the text - but it certainly riled us up for a few hours!!

Yes I had Charlie(Can Talk), Roger and Tony here ,with the Coache(Peter Abbott from a while back). Had a great time with them, funny blokes. Was a lot of money from a small club. I heard the Wife had a lot to do with it also..anyway I'm sure they'll get theirs one day!

Yes..she worked behind the bar and was responsible for depositing the takings - she 'mistakenly' deposited the cash into their personal account, it was picked up by our diligent treasurer pretty quickly, but she wrote a cheque to transfer it, and by the time the cheque bounced they had bolted!

I am a firm believer in Karma catching up with them - they will get theirs ...and I wonder how soundly they sleep at night?

Most of the Cott Rugby guys are pretty awesome. And the club is pretty spectacular - not a great deal of hardship in standing at the bar overlooking the beach/deep blue waters and horizon while you wait for the kids to finish up their sport...could be worse! biggrin

Papa and I are doing our best with recruitment's to increase the club size and get some outside funding - hitting up all the sports grants/lotteries etc this year trying to turn things around. They've got some great young blokes involved at the moment who are really dedicated to recruitment and training as well - that helps.