1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Scenery is always quite breathtaking - if you can mix in the breathtaking scenery with a seriously radical action shot you've got the goodies haven't you.

But the scenery does hold my attention for much longer than an action shot.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
some good scenery pics there guys, not a big fan of action stuff, unless it's proper mental, nigh on impossible stuff to replicate with ease.

It's not just about the technique of the rider or how impossible the feat is(though that counts too). It's about energy and time. They're all amazing shots but scenery is static, action is alive IMO.

well, great action shots are much harder to get as "action" flashes by in an instant. So setting on continuous high shutter release mode will give you more chance of capturing the moment.

Scenery takes a bit of thinking and the taker's eye for colour and composition is key.

That's why if there was a photo of the year, I would be reluctant to split them into categories.

By the way, if you look at magazines like FallLine, there are a lot more action shots. The skier gives a reference to the magnificent backdrop and you get the scale of that terrain.

I just like great photographs.