It was from the top of Blackcomb on a beautiful day with fog in the village and peaks popping up as far as the eye can see.

Now I think it is a crystal clear day form the top of Nozawa Onsen. Amazing peaks in every direction, and close! Beautiful view of the sea and valley. Truly breathtaking.

Kawaba in Gunma when I worked there. After closing the lifts watching the sun going down, the sky red, Fuji in the background. At that moment I understood why they call Japan the land of the rising sun. ( I know it was setting )

The greatest view I've ever had at a ski resort was the sumptuous, silky, swelling hummocks of this exponentially, otherwordly, sexybeautiful stewardess what Mogs and I seen at Niseko.

Even in my aged and jaded circumstances, the mere thought of her still keeps me up at night.

I can truly say that it just doesn't get much better than that. Thank God!!

Must be something about Niseko - a couple of years ago the most beautiful woman in the world worked at the bar in a tent just down from the gondola. (by tent i mean yeht or however you spell mongolian tent)

Is that still there?

Is she still there?

That is called Gentem Cafe. Since I know the person who runs the place, pls describe.

BTW, they are moving to a new location next season, near Niseko Jam.

no votes for TC in NZ???

phenomenal!!

specially when the morning starts above the clouds and the afternon clears to show the lake and islands below... actually, for me the view is kind of wasted when snowboarding, as i never really appreciated it for what it was. its worth a full days contemplation on its own.

From the top of the ropeway station at Kita Shiga Ryuo, on an ultra-fine day back in Feb this year. You could see EVERYTHING lined up in front of you...Mt. Hiuchi, Mt. Myoko, Mt. Kurohime, Mt. Togakushi, Mt. Iizuna, etc. with Hakuba right behind them. Sea of Japan could be seen off to the right, just beautiful! I never thought I`m the kind of person who`d give a rat`s ass about scenic views but even I was mesmorized(needless to say I took a few pix). :p

Haven't been a ton of places in Japan but I like the views riding up the upper lifts at Happo of the Japan Alps. I've been up to Tateyama a few times now and that is hard to beat. Last spring I was able to see Fuji from the top of Tateyama. Back in the States, east coast has to be Wildcat which has Mt. Washington and the famous Tuckerman Ravine across the street. West coast I enjoy the Lake Tahoe area.

i would hav ta concur with mikazooki and kamoshika, that tc in nz truly is amazing. those lakes are something else!

anyone whose ever seen tha sea from niseko will know what i`m talkin about when i say that`s tha greatest view!

also, that lass who worked in tha Gentem bar a cuppla seasons back was pretty special. she was sooo softly spoken- almost angelic!