How much you dropped in prep for the season

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got no problems with burton etc. i understand that Burton etchas international agency agreements in place which prevents backcountry from exporting. (I use a parcels forwarding for that)

what bugs me is when I can buy , for example, exactly the same columbia jacket from backcountry or from Sierrtatradingpost, yet Backcountry quotes US80 for shipping and sierra does it for $45.

Last year I bought 4 pairs of snowboots from Sierra in one consignment, and the postage was US$57, whereas backcountry wanted USD128

• 1 month later...

Anyone who starts adding up the costs of winter sports, shouldn't be doing winter sports....

Imagine on a 'No friends powder day' trying to decide if you should buy that extra lift ticket even though you MIGHT exceed your budget!!!

When it snows, you just GO!

Have had to buy some new cloths for Japans conditions as I only own gear for Oz and New Zealand, mostly 5000-5000. All my new gear is 15000-15000 min. Spend around $2200AUD for two people. So all in all not too bad I think.

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
my last domestic snow trip (to Thredbo)for a family of 5 in August (eldest didn't come!) set me back A$25,000 or 2.1M yen at today's rates.

since then, only bought 2 new jackets, so been quite thrifty!!

Blimey. How much do you reckon a similar Japan trip would have cost?
Originally Posted By: thursday
Quote:
Blimey. How much do you reckon a similar Japan trip would have cost?

5000y per night, 4000 per ticket, 2000y per meal
x 5 x number of nights.

Much cheaper but then again you don't get the pleasure of skiing boiler plate ice off piste