I also know how to do that, RobBright. But, like I think I said, I am asking for personal recommendations not a website to go to.

I'm not quite quite what part of that you don't seem to grasp.

Tell you what, just don't bother posting if that's all you can say on the subject.

wakaranai

Originally Posted By: DumbStick
But, like I think I said, I am asking for personal recommendations not a website to go to.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
How do we know what to recommend to you if you don't tell us what kind of games you like?

I did answer helpfully. But if we don't know what kind of games you like, how can we help? Throw us a bone eh? wink

DumbStick, not everyones cup of tea but Rome: Total War is a very engrossing game.

Civilization 4 as well.

These games take up a huge amount of time if you get into them - BE WARNED!

Im personally in the middle of SAW the video game. Kinda fun if your into the movies and like puzzles.

Should have modern warfare 2 in the next few hours, looks great.

The xbox 360 controller works with many of these newer releassed games, Many times its just plug and play and way you go.

Hey anyone use or heard much about gamersgate or use steam? Reading up online now but wondering if anyone here had any experience?

Never really thought of it before but might be good when games aren't available here. Looks cheap too.

Originally Posted By: klingon
Hey anyone use or heard much about gamersgate or use steam? Reading up online now but wondering if anyone here had any experience?

Never really thought of it before but might be good when games aren't available here. Looks cheap too.

I have a few games from Steam. Works very smoothly.

If you wanna lose your life to games, play World of Warcraft (never played it personally however)

If you're into strategy, I recommend Age of Empires for a quick in and out experience, or if you want a deeper experience usually lasting a few days+ I would go with anything in the 'Total Wars' series. My two favorites in this category are Age of Empires 2/3, and Rome: Total War. I also highly recommend Command and Conquer, though lately the series has lost it's edge.

If you're into shooters, go for any of the new Call of Duty games. I personally like Medal of Honor best of all for story and 'feel', but have never been a fan of their online component. Another great FPS is FarCry, and if your computer is as badass as you say it is then you should really try the new one on full settings! The trees man!!! THE TREES!!!

If you prefer offline RPGs I strongly suggest the Elder Scrolls series, very indepth though very open allowing you to do whatever you want.

Though it's been awhile since I've been seriously into games (since coming to Japan, all my money's gone into cars and snowboarding x_x) I think most of these titles have remained strong and it's worth it to check out any of their releases.

Similar to you, I've got a new computer that is one step from being water-cooled. Found a game that will really make the cooling fans on the video/mother board cards work overtime: S.T.A.L.K.E.R

'Brothers In Arms' will also give it a good work out.

Steam - hmm - generally ok but sometimes sucks re: modern warfare 2. On occasions if the release date on steam is different to the shop release date, then you can't get it from there.

Modern warfare 2 came out this week, out on steam now, but as Japanese version isn't out till end of December, you can't buy it if you have a Japanese IP address.

I had a bad experience with Steam.

Bought one game with cc. OK.

Went back to buy another and it simply wouldn't accept it.

Same card.

I called the cc company up to see if it was frozen or anything and they said that there hadn't even been any requests for the payment, so seems for some reason my account was the problem.

Sent in a support request a few times but didn't hear back.

sadface