What were they thinking. Or, simply bad ideas.

I'll kick off. Any other cheesy contributions from Japanese ski resorts most welcome.

"The White House" in Madarao. Has a sign saying Open on the door, but it doesn't look like it has been open since maybe 1976.

Can anybody beat this level of tackiness?

iiyamadude_76.JPG

I know a few locals who want it down.

It always reminds me of Planet of the Apes.

That little stretch of road that this is at the top of really needs livening up. I haven't been up there for a while but last time I did it looked like it was a row of about 10 abandoned/closed down shops. Sad.

But Madarao seems to be giving it a go and it's a decent place, so lets Madaraoing.

Originally Posted By: Gtrain
I'll see if I can find the picture of me standing outside the vagina shaped door to an adult store in Sapporro.

There is (or at least used to be) one in Roppongi. Its on a big main street just past Lush, the eco-soap place.

It may be the same one Mr Wiggles. It was a while ago and it may have been in Tokyo and not Sapporo. I can't remember where I was, I can only remember what it was. lol.

I have heard that some locals are not happy about it, but nothing can be done about it. The owner is never there, in Tokyo I think, and just basically lets it stand there.

I agree though that little stretch does look a bit sorry especially out of season.