Two big shops are Jiro Mondo and ICI in Sannomiya, there is an ICI in Umeda but its not that good. There are other smaller shops but really hit and miss. Some have good selections of boots, while others have good selections of clothes only. Odd. Best shops are prolly anywhere other than Kansai.

Was just up in the Snow district of Tokyo today having a look around. Its in the Ochanomizu/Jimbocho/Kanda area of Tokyo. Accessed from all 3 stations, although I would say Ochanomizu station is the closest to the shops. Many large and small shops with loads of gear on offer.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Two big shops are Jiro Mondo and ICI in Sannomiya, there is an ICI in Umeda but its not that good. There are other smaller shops but really hit and miss. Some have good selections of boots, while others have good selections of clothes only. Odd. Best shops are prolly anywhere other than Kansai.

Hundreds Thanks for this !!!! smile

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Was just up in the Snow district of Tokyo today having a look around. Its in the Ochanomizu/Jimbocho/Kanda area of Tokyo. Accessed from all 3 stations, although I would say Ochanomizu station is the closest to the shops. Many large and small shops with loads of gear on offer.

Are there any shops that you'd particularly recommend? How do prices and product range in Tokyo compare to Australia and Hakuba?

No idea about Australia or Hakuba for that matter. there are loads of shops though, all seemed about the same price, I was really looking at boards, i was more interested in goggles.

Best thing to do, if price is a concern, is to go around the shops and try on everything that you want. Think of it like window shopping. Once you've decided on the gear you should check out the rakuten website. Buying it online will save $$. If you are in Australia that won't really be an option though... what are you looking to get?

No idea about Australia or Hakuba for that matter. there are loads of shops though, all seemed about the same price, I was really looking at boards, i was more interested in goggles.

I have some brand new Oakleys for sale - 1man each.

Osaka is pretty bad in my opinion for snow sports retailing, but the sale they have at Osaka Dome is apparently the largest of its kind in the world. It seems to me that most people buy a "package deal" for their kit and perhaps head to the mountain once or twice a season.

Anyway, I think Spotaka in Shinsabashi (Osaka) is not bad, and many of the suburban strip malls have sports stores where you can pick up gear.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

I have some brand new Oakleys for sale - 1man each.

sweet, I'll pm you

actually I won't.....my PM's seem to be disabled! ( wave SJ)

What line are they, lens colour etc? 10k is right up my alley mate
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Best thing to do, if price is a concern, is to go around the shops and try on everything that you want. Think of it like window shopping. Once you've decided on the gear you should check out the rakuten website. Buying it online will save $$. If you are in Australia that won't really be an option though... what are you looking to get?

Skis and ski boots for two people plus skis, ski boots and snowboard boots for another person. We were planning to buy the ski boots in Oz to ensure they're fitted properly. What is the fitting service like in Tokyo (for non-Japanese speakers)?

I have to agree with Funski and others. Even though they are expensive, I still buy my snowboard boots locally. Everything else is online though. Saves me a bundle.

TB> You didn't happen to notice helmet prices while looking at Goggles did you?