SJ GIVEAWAYS 09/10 - Be one of the first guests to stay at The Vale in Niseko (Hokkaido)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

We read the comments but they get edited out and ignored in the process of choosing a winner, which is basically a random process.

Honest.

Congratulations Rob.

Originally Posted By: thursday
OK, Rob, what did you put in the comment box?

That would be telling, but it is being used for a special occasion.

Although didn't believe it when I got the email, as thought it was a joke. biggrin
  • SnowJapan Admin

It might sound funny/silly thursday but over the years so many people who have entered and won a Giveaway come back to us when we email them with the news with stuff like this:

Winner: "Oh I'm not going to Japan this year"

or

Winner: "Where is it?"

SJ: "Niseko"

Winner: "Hmm, not going there"

or

Winner: "What was the prize again?"

SJ: "2 tickets to Z Resort"

Winner: "I don't want to go there. Can I change it to a ticket to S Resort"?

It goes on. What can you do, eh? wakaranai

You would not believe it.

• SnowJapan Admin

Here's some crackers.

I am not making these up.

Winner: "What was the prize again?"

SJ: "1 lift ticket to Z Resort"

Winner: "Just one ticket? Can't I have more because I'm taking a friend?"

or

Winner: "I don't like that resort. Can't I change it to a completely different resort. And have two."

or

Winner: "I'm not in Japan this season. But I might be in a few years. Can I swap it for a ticket for then?"

or

Winner: "I'd like to swap it for cash"

or

Winner: "Is there no transportation included? Can't you include that?"

or

Winner: "I think it's disgusting/outrageous/(insert other very angry adjective) that it's only 1 ticket/no transportation/etc"

• SnowJapan Admin

It provides a laugh sometimes, but it gets really tired quickly. I just sometimes cannot believe what some people write.

As SJ#1 has said, we could make a book with some of the stories/comments/politics/two-facedness we often have to put up with. All part of the deal I suppose, but it's one aspect of "becoming popular" and bigger each year that none of us enjoy.

Although sometimes sh!t happens and a person who fully intends to use a prize ends up not being able to... health reasons/family crisis/lost job...

Having said that - shame on them! grandpa

Read the blasted conditions before entering people...if you know you can't use the prize then don't enter. If you want an all expenses paid holiday - enter a different kind of competition that is offering that elsewhere. A win is a win - where is their gratitude?

kiss Rob and I are thankful.

THANK YOU!