Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Jishipi
Thanks for the comments peoples wink
Super cold here in Hirafu right now.
Took this shot recently in Moiwa.
Jishipi_70.jpg
Photoshop ...what is that ?
I take all my photos with my phone !

Jishipi I love your photo's ARE YOU SERIOUS they are taken on a phone confused Mr Snowhunter bought me a new phone to take away with me and told me it was going to take better photo's than my camera and to leave the camera at home!! I have secretly packed the camera.

Awh thanks very much smile

I was just kidding i use a Nikon D700.

Went out this morning for a few runs ...not bad still super cold but not much had fallen but still decent.

Did one run through Roys and then 1 in Miharashi.

Jishipi_71.jpg

Jishipi_73.jpg

Jishipi_72.jpg

Jishipi_74.jpg

The sun popped out a few times but we didn't get any luck with the timing.

Jishipi_75.jpg

Good to get back on the resort after not riding up there for a while.

Went to Rusutsu for the first time to day and I think i have found the place for next years trip. The place is amazing with so many fresh lines right up until we caught the last lift home. fantastic.

we had arranged for our lodge manager to take the four of us over there today but unfortunately while showing another group around there yesterday his board caught a tree while going thru some deep powder and he broke his leading leg in two places.

His partner was kinda enough to arrange one of the local niesko boys to take us over there and show us around.

Local knowledge is awesome, he took us to some amazing places and I think that was one of the best days I have ever had in Japan, not one bad run and so much untracked snow. runs that would be tracked out but AM over Niseko just sit theres awaiting your arrival late into the afternoon.

Ski Patrol were so relaxed and seemed to have no problems with us ducking out of bounds, lifties did a great job, great food.

Wow what a day.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hello ratherb@thesnow

Basically it's the amount since the last report. So it will depend on the time of the that previous report. If it's later in the day then it will take into account what fell through the day, not just the amount overnight. So not always a 24hr period, sometimes less and sometimes more.

friend

Something that is easy to put out of your mind when living in Hirafu in winter is snow clearing... she'll be right..no worries...i'll do that later and by then it's TOO LATE !!!!

Jishipi_76.jpg

Jishipi_77.jpg

Had to call in the cavalry as i had ice about to smash all of the windows on one side of my house.

Fun fun. Spent 5 hours chipping away yesterday and was hating snow by the end of it.

Jishipi_78.jpg

So spare a thought for the unsung hero's of Hirafu our snow clearers !

I'll spare you the details of the fun i had a few weeks back when i had to dig down through the snow and then the top soil to get to the drain !

Jishipi_79.jpg

Very interesting, got my curiosity peaked !

I don't know what you were doing with the drain in the middle of winter, lookes like you needed a jack-hammer.

I do notice the collection of picks and shovels smile in the pic.

Sorry to be entertained by your misfortune, but good value hearing about down-to-earth stuff. thumbsup

cheers

I've actually given up trying to keep up with snow clearing at my house. Will probably pay someone to come clear the snow at the back of the house as it's up to the roof line. Just keeping the front door and a space for the car clear.

Originally Posted By: ratherb@thesnow
Went to Rusutsu for the first time to day and I think i have found the place for next years trip. The place is amazing with so many fresh lines right up until we caught the last lift home. fantastic.

I thought the same thing for the last 2 years Ive been up in Hokkers, until we went further north. Go up to Asahikawa, you wont look back. Trust me.

Change is as good as a holiday so they say and Nozawa Onsen is an awesome change of scene.

Jishipi_80.jpg

One of the oldest resorts in Japan steeped in history ( excuse the pun)

and really does have the best of both worlds - fantastic skiing / riding set in beautiful village.

Jishipi_81.jpg

I could go on and on but....

Jishipi_82.jpg

I love Hokkaido but really cool to check out some of the stuff around Nagano - love the steeps !