Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you post a lot of photo's on here muikabochi...do you have a work around that makes it faster? i just find having to upload individual or 5 pics at a time then open my gallery and individually copy the image URL is very time consuming. if i had a mouse rather than a trackpad i would probably not complain so much, but i find this hard at the moment. on my imac at home i do everything a LOT faster.

• SnowJapan Admin

Foxpuppet, I really do not know what you want me to say in response to these continued comments (which I see have now been edited out). The process of uploading photos is not 'really time consuming'. How much time is too much time? Is a matter of literally a few extra seconds really too much to go through the process of uploading some photos?

If you have the photos on your computer, you can find it on your computer, assign a resort name, add a caption and that is basically it. Yes, it will take slightly longer than just simply uploading files to some free photo hosting service, but I really don't know what you are finding to be so time consuming.

And - this site is not just a photo hosting service. We want the site to be a place that people can come to to find a whole load of useful information, reviews, photos etc as well as take part in the community that has built up around the site. The fact that when you upload a photo it gets linked up within the site in a number of places - connected to resorts/reviews/etc makes it very useful to a lot of people viewing the site.

No doubt you have taken advantage of that convenient functionality yourself when looking at other photos that other people have taken the time to upload.

If everyone simply pasted in photos from photobucket, imageshack, facebook, etc, then there would be no Photos section as there is now with 12600+ photos of resorts around Japan. Happily, there are lots of people who want to take part in this community, share their photos with people here and at the same time help support us by uploading photos here.

The upload system is as it is and over the last few years we have spent considerable time and effort in developing and improving it to try and make it as user-friendly and feature-rich as possible. Like I said I don't really know why you seem to be finding it to be so difficult because it really isn't. But if for whatever reason you really don't want to spend a matter of minutes to use our system, then please just don't - we're not pleading you to. If you do decide to use it then they are of course very welcome.

But please, don't just keep on going on about it - you are probably putting other people off! I requested this before but if you are having specific problems, please email us rather than clutter up these public threads. We are mostly very happy to help if people are experiencing particular problems.

Thanks.

friend

Today I uploaded I think 25 photos. Once I had the photos on my drive it took me about 5 minutes to create a Gallery and upload them with captions. I think I can afford 5 minutes of my time to do that. It's kind of disappointing to hear that you are not. Oh well.

thanks thursday smile

Sorry SJ it's not what i meant by time consuming... what i was implying was to do with the fact i shot over 500 pics today and i dont have the time atm to upload them as there are far to many to choose from! we had such a great day, i just wanted to share a little of the stoke as i could not contain how awesome a day we had!

Muikabochi - you obviously do this a lot thats why i asked, it's not that i dont have the time...i really want to share the stoke and experience. it took me over an hour of sorting through the pics to find what i wanted to share here! it''s kind of dissapointing to be belittled after such a great day.

my apologies i will not mention anything about uploading again.

foxpuppet out.

As of 23 January 2010, 9.16m at village level so far this season (taken from Niseko Now).

Lots of great snow accumulating by the sounds of things, but be careful out there.

Couple of people taken for a ride out of gate 5 yesterday.

From what I've heard, partial burial for one person.

Bruises, a few teeth knocked out, and a knackered knee from the three that got caught in the slide.

hey GN, most likely heading over to Moiwa tomorrow for a last ditch BC/SC shred, you got any places recommendable for shooting drops/pillows etc. want to try and get a few good ones before we head off tuesday. 2 more days riding...bugger how quickly a month goes.

Originally Posted By: MikePow
As of 23 January 2010, 9.16m at village level so far this season (taken from Niseko Now).

Lots of great snow accumulating by the sounds of things, but be careful out there.

Couple of people taken for a ride out of gate 5 yesterday.

From what I've heard, partial burial for one person.

Bruises, a few teeth knocked out, and a knackered knee from the three that got caught in the slide.

veryshocked

Not good..

I will be there Sat afternoon, laptop is packed and as of Sunday when the last member of the crew arrives, who just happens to be a bit of a photographer in his working life(forensic photographer) so i will hopefully be able to upload some photos of the next 10 days or so.

Taking measurements from Niseko Now, as of 30 January 2010 Hirafu is up to 10m of snowfall at village level so far this season.

Remember all the hoo ha about Whistler getting 5m in November? Well you won't hear too much about Niseko getting over 5m in a month because quite frankly it happens most winters. The January snowfall is 5.6m with one day to go wink

Even Kutchan has had over 5m in one month before, at only 173m above sea level. Yep this place rocks!

Actually in Jan 1969 Kutchan recorded 601cm. Beat that Whistler! razz

Would have been crazy amounts of snow up on the mountain omg

Been a while but have been struggling with a lack of sunshine..vitamin d or something. Yesterday we finally had amazing bluebird conditions and i was stuck inside working ...

O well made it out on a back country mission today and persevered in the grey bird conditions...life is tough.

Jishipi_67.jpg

Jishipi_69.jpg

Jishipi_68.jpg

DEEEEEECENT

Heading down south to Nagano this week to check out the steeps

Still snowing in Niseko this morning, started about 3pm yesterday and only light stuff. I cleared the snow off the handrail on the way home last night about 11pm and this looking at the same spot this morning at 6.30.I think we would have got about another 10-15cm in total over night.

ratherb@thesnow_2.JPG