Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some nice shots of Torstein and Paul there Jishipi. It really has been great the last few days.

I have just tried to post a picture, but it doesn't seem to work. I copied the image location into the image box, but then when I preview it doesn't come up. Any tips?

• SnowJapan Admin

It's ok, glad to help. Thanks for posting.

Actually no you won't be able to edit my post doh

The URL of your photo is:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/snow-japan-photo-galleries/jimmer/jimmer_1.jpg

Put

>

after it, and the photo will appear.

More here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/342305/Uploading_photos_to_SnowJapan_.html

Thanks

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I don't know what they do at Kagura but it surely doesn't add up.
100cm can fall over a period of a few days and they don't change it.

Good example.
Last 2 days, Kagura over the last 2 days:

40-50cm (yesterday)
50-70cm (this morning)

That's 90-120cm in my reckoning...... but no change in the official snow depth! veryshocked

The last few days here in Niseko have been truly amazing!

3 days ago i thought well - this is as good as it gets and then the next 2 days have pretty much been exactly the same - overcast with heaps of snow. No idea exactly how much but i found a few spots yesterday where it was over head for me and i am a snowboarder !

This morning i booted straight over to Hanazono with Tom and we had ourselves a classic mushroom feast.

Jishipi_64.jpg

Jishipi_65.jpg

In my opinion the only element missing was some sunshine...but when the pow is this good who cares. POW !!!

Jishipi_66.jpg

Thanks very much Muikabochi

I used to wait for blue birds to shoot but now i just go for it when i can. It was snowing non stop this morning and had a few focus issues.

Tom was is great form which helps ! Really looking forward to checking out the Japan Alps next month - epic big mountain visas....til then will just have to make do with bottomless powder here in Niseko...powder willing.

It sure was snowing heavily when we left yesterday - took some pic's of the family in the Welcome Center with bags all getting covered in snow...will get them up later today. Just the way - ya leave wanting more.

Niseko sure turns it on thumbsup

LOVE THE PICS JISHIPI!!

after a well earned but albeit silly move to take the day off riding yesterday (i heard some epic lines were had all over) we decided to do a bit of peak hiking today. once in the morning dropping from mt annupurri peak down fujiwara no sawa to hanazono 308 for a quick break...then traverse to annupuri side to meet the crew for lunch. then at 225 we headed out gate 2 up the south peak, down to mt annupurri and dropped into kozan no sawa.... the weather lifted, blue sky and golden snow as the sun was dropping made for a great run down and high fives all round at the bottom enjoy some of the pics...vid up soon. ( if i can stop riding long enough to edit something)

banjobiwan_7.JPG Timo Koskinen

banjobiwan_8.JPG Timo Koskinen

banjobiwan_9.JPG Marika Ranta

banjobiwan_10.JPG

banjobiwan_11.JPG Marika Ranta

banjobiwan_13.jpg Yours truly

banjobiwan_14.jpg Timo Koskinen

Thanks to marika for this shot...i got out from behind the lens finally! banjobiwan_15.jpg

banjobiwan_16.jpg this guy was prepped for the BC

ps sorry SJer's this is only a sample of over 500 or so shots from today... its all about FPS.