Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SH,

Shoulder is great! The bruise is almost gone now too. Almost my entire shoulder went black from the injection - was gnarly! I am so glad I had it when I did, and spent the weekend unable to move it because it is pain free and moving without impingement!

Lights are coming on about 3pm I think...but I haven't really noticed the transition. Just enjoying the day biggrin

Slow morning this morning, not much new snow overnight it seems so we are in no hurry. My 20th Wedding Anniversary today thumbsup Dinner at J-Secca tonight groovy

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
SH,
Shoulder is great! The bruise is almost gone now too. Almost my entire shoulder went black from the injection - was gnarly! I am so glad I had it when I did, and spent the weekend unable to move it because it is pain free and moving without impingement!

Lights are coming on about 3pm I think...but I haven't really noticed the transition. Just enjoying the day biggrin

Slow morning this morning, not much new snow overnight it seems so we are in no hurry. My 20th Wedding Anniversary today thumbsup Dinner at J-Secca tonight groovy

Happy anniversary! What happened with the shoulder wakaranai

How has the snow been? Really good or what?!

Hi Guys - appreciate everyone being involved and great to see other pics added wink

This thread started as a means to share part of the season with MIKE POW who unfortunately can't be here this season.

I am guessing most people on this thread know Mike Pow who kept an awesome thread going all the way through the season with tons of sweet pics.

It is a free world and all but if you want to have personal conversations on this thread why not just email that stuff or start another thread - no offense - maybe the niseko check in thread?

Kinda keen on pics and basic commentary

Originally Posted By: Jishipi
Hi Guys - appreciate everyone being involved and great to see other pics added wink
This thread started as a means to share part of the season with MIKE POW who unfortunately can't be here this season.
I am guessing most people on this thread know Mike Pow who kept an awesome thread going all the way through the season with tons of sweet pics.
It is a free world and all but if you want to have personal conversations on this thread why not just email that stuff or start another thread - no offense - maybe the niseko check in thread?
Kinda keen on pics and basic commentary

Sorry Jishipi will cut the chit chat sadface

Ventured up Hirafu today and it was looking ok down low - what are with these things ? Snowbikes ?

Jishipi_35.jpg

The higher i went the nastier it got.

Jishipi_36.jpg

Wind packed and hard up top with zero visibility.

Off course still pretty bad - mainly tracked with 'dust on crust' managed one fun line through Miharashi...not sure if the Gondola cue was worth it though.

Jishipi_37.jpg

Did spot this cool jacket while waiting !

Jishipi_38.jpg

Seems like leather is all the rage this year smile

I'd like to see the best snow scooter in the world ride just like i'd like to see the best player of the spoons lay it down ! BTW the storm has kicked in here in Niseko - snow blowing sideways and looks like the on mountain new years festivities will be canceled after all. Don't quote me on that though.

Left Hirafu Sat afternoon new years day hazy and hungover and got back tonight - Woah. Took a drive up to the welcome center and it was pretty funny - look like any car that had been parked there over night was smashed.

Jishipi_39.jpg

Jishipi_40.jpg

Jishipi_41.jpg

Jishipi_42.jpg

Jishipi_43.jpg

Yeah thought it was really funny until i got back home and saw (well i actually couldn't see) my car park.

Tomorrow should be interesting - not that cold right now...we'll see what the POW is like soon enough.

Hey Jimmer - bet Kiroro was sweet.

Hirafu was nice but i spent so much time waiting in lift lines.

Check out the nightmare at Alpen this morning.

Jishipi_45.jpg

Back view

Jishipi_46.jpg

Clouds rolled in around 9 ish - the single chair opened and people thought the peak was on but alas not yet just gate 4 and another mega line - will be interesting to see if the resort plan on making any improvements to lifts for next season... improvements...pretty please

Jishipi_47.jpg

Man I am so glad I went to Kiroro istead of Hirafu today! That's insane! Their lifts were so much better than ours, I don't understand why if we are busier Tokyu can't buy some decent detachable quads!!