Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this was going to be a fantastic vacation when we flew into Sapporo to witness this gorgeous while panorama from the plane!

Mamabear_11.JPG

Bear Cubs ready to take their new gear for a spin in the daylight 27/12/09

Mamabear_15.jpg

Yotei-san with a cover of cloud. Overlooking the Gondola. 27/12/09

Mamabear_12.JPG

Different view of Yotei about an hour later from Hanazono.

Mamabear_13.JPG

Pretty Icicle Tree's! Coming back from Hanazono just before they shut the top lift off the tree's grabbed my attention - pretty!!! Stopped to take photo's...of course!

Mamabear_14.JPG

Was reasonably busy out on the slopes - not that the photo's show it.

Hanazono was quiet on piste, bustling but not overcrowded in the restaurant. Bars have been fairly quiet surprisingly!

I will try and take a few 'crowd' shots for you Muika, rather than scenery shots where I wait until there is a lull wink

How can you not?!

(although #1 son and I were suffering the new gear miseries today - pushed through it - but his boots hurt, and I had to adjust my stance tonight ..haven't had burn as bad in my quads and hamstrings since I first started riding!)

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Have you ventured into Mizuno No Sawa Yet??

lol
Havent even tackled Miharashi yet - give me a chance! We are here for 3 weeks and need to break in the new gear. Snowing this morning - so a nice fresh cover will be laid down for us to play in.

Plenty of snow in Niseko today!!

First tracks - couldn't see our boards at all. Papa was really excited by the face shots! (He was unable to ride due to injury 2 yrs ago when we were here, so it was a huge novelty for him...mind you I really enjoyed it too!!)

Snowed consistently all day.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Nice Mamabear, keep them coming. clap
Talking of not busy resorts (see @tokyo's thread), those pics aren't showing a crowded Niseko.... so?

As promised Muika - some 'crowd' shots.

From the Ace Quad at about 4.30 this afternoon.
Mamabear_17.JPG

Same spot, looking UP the mountain. Pic doesnt really do the number justice at this time of day. I reckon lots of people were winding the day up. It was quite like peak hour actually coming down the hill.
Mamabear_18.JPG

This guy caught my eye while I was snapping these photo's - he had a baby strapped to his back! Scary stuff. Our kids were really worried that the little baby was getting cold. I was more worried about what would happen to it if someone took him out and he fell on it.
Mamabear_19.JPG

Was an awesome day in Niseko today.
We started the day with First Tracks at the Gondola, headed over to Hanazono (YES! I finally did Strawberries), lunch at Hana, and back over finishing the day at the Ace.
thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Jishipi
Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10 is taking a life of it's own ! Thanks for adding pics everyone !

No excuse for you though Jishipi - post as many as you can of your great pics.

(Please!)

friend
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
you been out on snowdon again Mike? The UK has been getting hit with big (well big for the UK razz ) snowfalls eh?

biggrin

Snowdon's too rocky.

Had my second day skiing the Brecon Beacons National Park on Christmas Eve. Superb.

60+ cm of snow forecast between this morning and Thursday morning, so New Years Eve turns are on the cards.