Snow to village (Niseko) - in absentia 09/10

Wanted to do a post for MikePow - "Fortune favors the Brave"

Yesterday with my buddy Chico at around 7:30 we hiked up the Hirafu Resort to the the top of the the Ace quad lift.

Jishipi_11.jpg

The Sun was off and on but the pow was looking and feeling good, about 40 -50 cm at the base of Alpen

Jishipi_12.jpg

Jishipi_6.jpg

Jishipi_2.jpg

We pushed on and as we got higher the weather turned and it started snowing heavily - luckily this Hirafu staff member passed us on his sled and made a sweet trail for us up the switch back

Jishipi_7.jpg

Made it to the top of Alpen and it was COLD up there - 8 on the big daddy thermometer / 60 + cm

Jishipi_3.jpg

so then we dropped...not the easiest riding, the snow was light and deep but not much base...well none actually but Chico smashed it anyways

Jishipi_8.jpg

Jishipi_4.jpg

Jishipi_5.jpg

The lower we got the better it was where the groomers had been mown - straight lining it was the order of the day

Jishipi_10.jpg

All in all awesome to get some turns in and can't wait for a base to form....but hey pow is pow and on the 3rd of Nov pow is WOW !!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Welcome Jishipi. Great photos and I am so jealous.

But anyway, I edited the post as there were a few display problems. If you look under each photo once you have uploaded there is a View URL link. Click on that to get the URL of a photo and then you can put that onto the Forums using  before and after it. If you edit the above post you will see the code.

If you have any questions please do let me know.

wave

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.First time ever posting...i was nervous. As expected the snow has taken a battering over the last day or so, yesterday rain and today is much warmer but hear next week we could get more snow. Will keep posting