• SnowJapan Admin

By overwhelming demand and mounting pressure to get it up online as soon as possible, here at last is the Emergency Telephone Watch thead for the 09/10 season, and indeed the first photo of the box.

After the first snowfall of yesterday there's not much left. Just a tiny bit at the base there if you look closely.

yuzawanow_911.JPG

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

I have also put the Emergency Phone Box on our new Yuzawa map.

Check out the top left corner here:

http://www.snowjapanmaps.com/yuzawa-map/index.html

Even put a link on it back to this thread.

[if you don't already know, you can actually zoom in and out of these new maps using the + and - at the top right corner of the map]

Using a land mark from other areas in Japan is a great idea, I would do that from here, but trouble is, wont be very often unfortunately, not in the heavy snow zone here! Cold here in winter, but not snowy! Having said that I reckon even here will be on for some heavy dumps at least a few times this year!

Maybe I can do stones covered by snow thread!!!

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes it is a really good idea - any takers?

Anyone in Hakuba, Niseko, Shiga Kogen or anywhere willing to feel very silly taking photos of things like telephone boxes quite often? wink

If a good icon was decided on in one of the more popular places where people live and always someone visiting, lots of people could upload pics once it got going. Y'know?

Could be fun. Problem with the phone box is not that many people going past there other than the SJ folk and occasionally others.

I think it has to be something that is a little more free standing and not reliant on being uncovered (A vending machine needs to be clear for people to buy stuff).. The phone box is away from roofs and stuff where it wont be getting a cascade of snow, so it allows you to see the build up better.

But never mind me, I just love seeing things wrapped in snow.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
I have also put the Emergency Phone Box on our new Yuzawa map.

Check out the top left corner here:

http://www.snowjapanmaps.com/yuzawa-map/index.html

Even put a link on it back to this thread.

[if you don't already know, you can actually zoom in and out of these new maps using the + and - at the top right corner of the map]

Now I know where it is!