• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that snowflake reminded me of Saturday at niseko (sorry for the Hijack), but as I ws waiting for my mates to join me the most perfect snowflake landed on my phone...it was the first time I had actually seen a real snowflake that looked like a drawing of one....very similar to the ones in the photo above

Just want to say thanks to people here for introducing me to Zao.

What a fantastic place it is.

I really really liked it I would say more than anywhere else I have been - Hakuba, Shiga Kogen, Myoko, Yuzawa........

Highly recommended.

I am sorry to report that the warmer unseasonal weather recently here has really damaged those ice monsters on the mountain. All of a sudden it seems much more green is on view up there I think we are really past the peak now. The skiing is still great though and lots of snow to enjoy but always sad to see them move on the winter.

Not expected brit-gob.

I have heard so many times on the ropeway going up to the top and also up there many people commenting on how small the Ice Monsters are compared to many years ago. I must agree. They still look spectacular of course but they are noticable 'thinner' and the true ones only at the top. I recall seeing them march much furthe down the mountainside when I was younger.

It makes you wonder how things will be in 10, 20, 30 years.

Don't like little jaggies, upload at 750 pixesl.

Voila, no jaggies.

Simply really.

As for Zao, wow it sure changes when the snow is not on there. That top course suddenly becomes very uninteresting. It's really just for the scenery anyway.