• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there are a few options around town to eat out in. I found two different izakayas that had some really tasty eats. I also remember seeing a pizza place and a western looking bar that served food (can't comment on the quality because we never went in). We could also order from our hotel menu if we gave them a bit of notice.

When I went this last season, late Feb, there was one izakaya open and one other place that did the usual kare-raisu. That was it. Everything else shut up and dark. Ghost town it was.

Of course I really like Zao, but that aspect ain't good! Just as long as you are prepared for it before you go

Thanks Black Mountain and muikabochi. Even if there is one or two places open it suits us fine. Some people in our group dont like the idea of having to eat the same thing in the hotel for 5 nights in a row...

• 1 month later...

Even with quickly changing mountain conditions, it changed quick when I was there. One moment couldn't see a thing, short while later amazing blue skies.

I know I like the scenery perhaps more than some others and it's a big part of the experience for me, but I'd be gutted if I went to a place like Zao and didn't get to see anything.