• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: needpowderjm
I really like the look of this place but there doesn't seem to be much nearby it out on it's own. That correct?

Correct. There are not many other skijo close-by and Zao is biggest in Yamagata-ken.
But Zao is worth staying for at least a number of days rather than just day trip.

Ms pie told me that there was a program on NHK (so probs celeb-free) that had about 20 minutes on the Zao monsters.

It is repeated Tuesday morning at 1am (about?), so anyone in Japan interested.....

• 1 month later...

Zao is really really beautiful! We were considering Zao for our honeymoon, but it seemed a bit pricier than other places we looked at as you don't have much choice beside your hotel for dinner.

We'll definitely go one day when we have real moneys though smile I love the pictures of the snow monsters lit up!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

A group of us are thinking of going Zao in February 2011 for 5 nights.

I get the impression that having dinner at your hotel is a must - is there really no other option other than dinner at your hotel? Even if there is one of two places to eat which we can walk to is fine...

I've found a few places to stay at which have pretty good rates but without meals. But if there really is nowhere to eat other than your hotel them I may have to consider a few other places that offer a good rate for dinner and breakfast.

Thanks!