I had a few hours out there this morning.

Turning into nice weather out there, they have a fair bit open now though it's not "real season" yet. Good to get out there though.

Sorry no photos, but I hope to upload some this season. Want to win some tickets! smile

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow looks busy too!! I really wanna check that place out, its been a challenge of mines for the last 2 seasons to find a bus company that goes there. Last year I went to Oze White World which isn't so far away from it, hopefully this year, now my mate has a car, I will be able to get up there

I liked it, even although it was early April. It hadn't had a proper snow for a while so obviously was looking a little tired in places. I had a lot of fun, it wasn't busy at all. I was surprised by how compact it is, the piste map make look a little bigger than it is, still enjoyable though. Would love to go when its at its peak

Got in an afternoon's worth of turns last week there. The line at the bottom lift was horrendous, as that is the only way to get up to the rest of hill (for now), but once you got up, the upper lifts only had waits of a couple of minutes. The snow, while artificial, was actually of surprisingly good quality, not at all crushed-ice-like -- probably the altitude helps.

Anyway, had a good time, and a nice start-of-season warm-up. One thing that is not clear from the gelaende maps is that the trails are all in their own little gullies -- the layout is much more entertainingly three-dimensional than appears from looking at the map. Should be lots of fun to go exploring when the whole hill is opened up.

Oh, one minor gripe: no safety bar on most of the lifts. Somewhat concerning for a father of a squirmy young one.

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji

Oh, one minor gripe: no safety bar on most of the lifts. Somewhat concerning for a father of a squirmy young one.

yes no safety bars on the lifts - crazy

you would actually think it would be a Law to have manditory safety bars on all chairs above 2m.

I know in australia if you go above 2m you should wear a harness or be in an enclosed/barricaded area.

just sounds abit dodgy because if someone does fall it could actually be a very big lawsuit.

just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Get any pics to share Mr Oyaji?

Let's see if I can make this work.

[Ok, got it.]

Bear in mind that these were taken over a week ago, and there is more snow coverage now.

Cobalt Course. (Is that Diamond Head in the background???)
Metabo%20Oyaji_10.JPG

Looking up at confluence of Rose, Violet and Cobalt Courses.
Metabo%20Oyaji_11.JPG

That moment of anticipation: Top of Violet Course.
Metabo%20Oyaji_12.JPG

Moon Over Marunuma.
Metabo%20Oyaji_13.jpg