Today there was hardly a cloud in the sky and I took advantage of the offer of a drive over to Marunuma Kogen in Gunma Prefecture. It's about 1 and a half hours from where I live - through the Shimizu tunnel to Numata IC and then on Route 120 over to Katashina.

The scenery on the way was really stunning. Didn't have a chance to take many photos on the way as my driver had to get there (!) so just a few photos from the Marunuma Kogen resort which is preparing to open on 14th November.

muikabochi_1906.JPG

muikabochi_1899.JPG

muikabochi_1908.JPG

muikabochi_1907.JPG

muikabochi_1902.JPG

muikabochi_1905.JPG

muikabochi_1914.JPG

muikabochi_1910.JPG

muikabochi_1909.JPG

muikabochi_1903.JPG

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely pics there! Great to see. Not sure about the false snow! They normally tend to open very early especially if they do get any real dumps of snow, as it doesnt melt, due to the altitude!

Actually it was MrSJ himself, was going over there to meet the skijo peeps and offered to take me over there. Can't complain. wink

It was quite warm up there today. Apparently they used to open 1st November but the last three seasons it has been mid-November. Reason - getting warmer and costs.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Metabo, nothing better to do?! wink

I might, if only I had some pride and self-control. Even been known to sneak a peak at the "Today's Yeti" page in the last couple of weeks for some glimpses of the white stuff...

Thanks. Apparently the manager guy over there wasn't too positive on that front, Mada. He seemed to have said that they hope to be able to open up with proper snow realistically in early December though the last few years it has been creeping back later.