Agreed Gtrain.

Not sure the Perth Arena is gonna be much better....

However the size is about on par with the one in NZ 'snowpark' I think it is called. It is not as big as Dubai, but a long enough run to get a fix apparently.

It is no replacement - it is like jogging on a treadmill rather than along the beach. But I am getting my 'chilly air' fix just from going to the Ice Skating Rink. For Perth I think it will be a better investment than a lot of people realise - being such a hot place, so far from any ski resort - you will get the skiers/boarders having a regular workout, the families who want to get half way decent before splurging on a snow holiday AND the people who will NEVER visit a ski field, and this is their chance to see and play in snow.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what I hate.... extra charges that just seem stingy.

Want to use the pool - 1000 yen

Want another town - 500 yen

Want to do something other than sleep in the basic room you have - cash please

Even worse when the place is an expensive one and you are shelling out for it. Leaves a very bad impression.

When I was deciding on my Nozawa accommodation this year I was put off by one place that had use of the village run hot springs as part of their package deals.

What a load of crap. They're free and for everyone!

Honesty when advertising is appreciated.

Was that not just information though? Not everyone knows they are free to use. I suppose it depends on the wording.

But I make a point of avoiding places that are dishonest of 'stetch the truth' in their advertising.

ive stayed at two places in recent past where Ive booked based on details, photos on the net.

one just used an incredibly good photographers as reality was somewhat short of the pics.

The second I think the pics were taken 15 years earlier and they'd not been spending any maintentence money ever since

Those washlets, they are huge in a small space. When I first saw it in my parents house it was like something out of StarTrek uss enterprise or something. Anyway the point being, not much space left for your knees sticking out.

• 1 month later...

What puts me off accommodation_? Places that are simply over-priced and there are a lot of those. I think some places charge what they used to when they were new but have cut back on lots of things and the place got drabber and drabber - but still charging the prices as though they are nice new and shiny. Objection! grandpa