• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind any place as long as I can sleep comfortably. No loud music in hotels, nor bars nearby. Also, its nice if its walking distance to the lifts. Ive paid nothing to stay at places, 3000 yen, and roughly 20,000 yen, and the more expensive places arent necessarily better.

Some of the gaijin-owned places Flip360 are quite nice, in both Niseko and Hakuba that Ive seen. On that note, many of the hotels now are overrun with gaijin...at least in Niseko.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Perhaps he means the 'I'm the expert' / 'king of the hill' types.
You know the ones.

Yes thats what I meant.

There are some absolute **** wankers out there.
Hakuba has more of them than Niseko which has 'settled down' more.

A couple years ago there were three Aussie guys staying at the same place as me. One was talking about all the lines they'd hit on their multiday tour and the other two were looking real smug - like "That's right mate. Everybody bow down before us..." As it turned out though, they weren't smug at all. They were just scared shitless! razz

I do love it though when you have guys bragging about all the great places around the world they have skied and obviously think they're pretty good. Then watching them as they head off piste into some real powder and they just haven't got a clue lol

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I so want to try that out!!
Just for the experience.

we are going to get one in Perth - eventually!!

hope its sooner rather than later, I need all the off-season practice I can get

I think $$$ is thier only major hold up at the moment.
If I won Lotto I would be into them like a shot and have my say about what 'value added' things they should tack on.

I reckon a decent board/ski tuner/repair guy, Ice Skating rink with good quality hire skates (not the crap plastic jobs the 2 existing rinks have), snow wear store with a half decent range!, Kids birthday party packages, snowman/snowplay packages for school groups and pre schoolers AND birthday parties. hmmmm what else? If only I had the money....

We avoided that by staying in some rather expensive, and extremely good, Japanese owned accommodations. Doing it again this time round.

I listen to dickheads talk every day here at work, I want to try to do everything to avoid them on my holidays!

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
I so want to try that out!!
Just for the experience.

we are going to get one in Perth - eventually!!

hope its sooner rather than later, I need all the off-season practice I can get

I think $$$ is thier only major hold up at the moment.
If I won Lotto I would be into them like a shot and have my say about what 'value added' things they should tack on.

I reckon a decent board/ski tuner/repair guy, Ice Skating rink with good quality hire skates (not the crap plastic jobs the 2 existing rinks have), snow wear store with a half decent range!, Kids birthday party packages, snowman/snowplay packages for school groups and pre schoolers AND birthday parties. hmmmm what else? If only I had the money....

I just hope that its a decent size. Our ferris wheel is embarrassingly small, the only thing big about it is the size of the joke.

If they build it too small, I certainly wont be a regular

I can't believe they put POS up. That and the convention centre are a waste of money and embarrissing. Of all the things they can do with the foreshore, they put up those pieces of generick red neck crap.