Why Claremont HJ's?

I don't know what it is about that place but they seem to put people with the most difficult to understand accents on the drive thru intercom - I am never quite sure if I am going to get what I ordered or not - not that I am fussed, because I wont eat it - that is the kids problem.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
theres burger king in japan?

Yeah - slowly picking up steam now and starting to move out of Tokyo and in to the Kanagawa area - think there's one in Atsugi, and another in Shonandai, and Higashi Totsuka. Wouldn't surprise me if there is in Yokosuka and Yokohama soon.

lol

I reckon that's just the crossfire from the food fights between the CCGS boys and the 'boyscouts' (Scotch boys).

[i am joking btw]

It is in a prime position there - there is massive resistance to any fast food restaurants in the area at all, closest ones other than that being in Subiaco or Mosman Park - so they have NO competition for drive thru/late night trade, and they pick up not only the school traffic, but also the pub/club crowd, as well as the Highway traffic.

But the place is filthy! The floor was so sticky one day when I went in to get a few icecreams for the kids after school on a scorcher that my slip on shoe came off!! It was stuck to the floor! GROSS!

I also get annoyed with the fact that they put staff on customer service that do not speak clear English, and have hygiene issues. The BO on the boy handing out the meals in the drive thru a week or so ago made me dry retch - the odour was THAT bad!!

It takes intense lobbying from the kids, and absolute desperation for me to actually cave and use them at all these days. If we are doing the take away thing I am more likely to head further along to Nando's, or even trek all the way to Subiaco to avoid HJs Claremont.