Tokyo Airporter - Door to door airport transfer

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with using door-to-door airport transfer service operated by Tokyo Airporter?

We're going to Niseko and need to catch a flight from Haneda at 06:45. We're staying in Shibuya and the first service offered by Limousine Bus to Haneda airport is 06:10, which doesnt really work for us.

Our other option is to take the train but there's a few transfers involve which is bit of a hassle since its going to be a fair few of us travelling.

If anyone can comment on their service, reliabilty etc, that would be great.

Thanks in advance smile

I've never used Tokyo Airporter but I often take that 6:45 flight from Haneda to Chitose (Sapporro). From Shibuya you can take the Yamanote line to Shinagawa at 5:25am which arrives at 6:06am at Haneda. This is only one transfer at Shinagawa.

Also think about sending all of your stuff by takkyubin (baggage delivery service) straight to your accommodation in Niseko. It usually only takes 24 hours to deliver and costs about 2000Y (usually less) per bag. They'll come to pick up your stuff in Shibuya and it'll be there in Niseko when you arrive. Saves a big headache at the airport and bus transfer in Hokkaido.

ooohhh - I had forgotten about that.

I might avail myself of the takkyubin service if we manage to get a big load of our shopping done early in the Tokyo stay. Would be mighty nice strolling into the airport unencumbered by baggage thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
I've never used Tokyo Airporter but I often take that 6:45 flight from Haneda to Chitose (Sapporro). From Shibuya you can take the Yamanote line to Shinagawa at 5:25am which arrives at 6:06am at Haneda. This is only one transfer at Shinagawa.

Also think about sending all of your stuff by takkyubin (baggage delivery service) straight to your accommodation in Niseko. It usually only takes 24 hours to deliver and costs about 2000Y (usually less) per bag. They'll come to pick up your stuff in Shibuya and it'll be there in Niseko when you arrive. Saves a big headache at the airport and bus transfer in Hokkaido.

Thanks Black Mountain. So arriving at 6:06 is enough time to check in etc for the 6:45 flight?

I searched via hyperda for your timetable and can see that we have 12 minutes before the train leaves Shingawa - do you think thats enough time to transfer with all our suitcases? Oh and we're probably already going to send our snowboards via Takkybin a few days earlier - it'll just be our suitcases which are dragging with us if we take the train.

Thanks!

Yeah, 12 mins transfer is no problem there (especially at that time in the morning) Also, you generally only need to give yourself 20 mins before your flight leaves on domestic routes. So arriving at 6:06 is plenty of time. I'm assuming you are taking either Airdo or ANA (they flight share at 6:45am) If its Airdo the counter is conveniently located at the very end of the terminal (the furthest you can possibly walk without being on the runway). So have good shoes! I've arrived to the airport as late as 10 mins before the flight departed and it was no problem (although I did get some worried looks at the reception counter)

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Yeah, 12 mins transfer is no problem there (especially at that time in the morning) Also, you generally only need to give yourself 20 mins before your flight leaves on domestic routes. So arriving at 6:06 is plenty of time. I'm assuming you are taking either Airdo or ANA (they flight share at 6:45am) If its Airdo the counter is conveniently located at the very end of the terminal (the furthest you can possibly walk without being on the runway). So have good shoes! I've arrived to the airport as late as 10 mins before the flight departed and it was no problem (although I did get some worried looks at the reception counter)

Cool, thanks for clarifying whether 12 minutes is enough time.

Actually we're taking a JAL flight (JL 503). Ooh 10 minutes prior to departure! Scary!

Thanks for your help! I might cancel the Tokyo Airporter for the Haneda - New Chitose leg but I use them on the way back since it'll be the middle of the day and that way we can avoid the train.
smile

oh, I think the JL 503 departs at 6:50 during the winter. In any event you won't (shouldn't) have a problem at the terminal or tranfering at Shinagawa. If you've never been to Shinagawa station before you might want to ask the first station staff that you see for directions to the Haneda bound train as the signs can sometimes be a bit confusing! Have fun!

Oh thansk for that! So long as it leaves later and not earlier then I'm happy! Strange how my itinerary should be wrong.

Thanks once again for your helpful information. We might just go to Shinagawa station whilst we're in Tokyo to double check the layout.

smile

Haneda is on the monorail right?

It might be worth pointing out to others who are booking a hotel in Tokyo before heading up to Sapporo via Haneda, book a hotel in the south eastern side of Tokyo, where Haneda is. Shibuya is way over the other side. So Shinagawa, Tamachi, Hammamatsucho etc are all better placed for accessing Haneda and all will have hotels

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Haneda is on the monorail right?

It might be worth pointing out to others who are booking a hotel in Tokyo before heading up to Sapporo via Haneda, book a hotel in the south eastern side of Tokyo, where Haneda is. Shibuya is way over the other side. So Shinagawa, Tamachi, Hammamatsucho etc are all better placed for accessing Haneda and all will have hotels

Thanks for the tip. Very useful for planning.

However we've chosen Shibuya because we want easy access to the clubs, nightlife etc. wink We're stayin in Tokyo for about a week and a half before heading to Sapporo so if it takes a bit longer to get to Haneda we'll have to deal with it friend