no safty nets!!

jezz, Im not going there.

I have some recolections of a helmet debate when I first started reading this forum.

Would a helmet have saved him i wonder?

I think the resorts in question ought to post information about deaths occurring there.

When I looked for information about the latest death at Nozawa, there was nothing on the website about it. And if Arai are going to post a big notice and apology about a customer tiff on their site, they should probably do the same for a death. It doesn't have to be self flagellatory or anything, just some basic information so people know what happened (and maybe avoid the same thing themselves).

I whacked my brain bucket good this year sking the trees down through Goryu. I took a wierd fall and hit it blind. Would the contact have killed my good question, I dont think so. It gave me quite a shock though. I would have knocked myself out though and thats pretty dangerous in the cold and snow. I made my wife put one on. When you ski stuff where the patrol arent going to go its a good idea.

Hello

A man of 45 years of age did die while skiing at Arai on Sunday.

I've just talked with a senior patrol member, and nobody saw the accident happening. All attempts to resuscitate the man following the collision were fruitless.

The man was at Arai with a group of friends on course. It appears the man lost control for some reason, and fatally collided with a tree.

I do not know any further details other than those listed above at this time.

Blair.