No one has started it yet, so I thought I'd be the first to start this year's "What are you doing to prepare for the coming season?" thread.

Me? Round is a shape razz I'm having 2 weeks off (groin strain), but then its back to doing the Stronglifts.com 5x5 workout.. a lot of squats, with good overall weight training, as well as playing soccer regularly.

Fortunately, the guy who is coming with us this year is a bit of a gym junkie (he has the weights in his garage), so he's helping keep me a little more motivated. Also, as squats are good for building up jumping/weight holding power, it should mean my legs don't tire out as quickly.

So.. What are you all doing to get into shape?

Originally Posted By: Sciclone
I'm having 2 weeks off (groin strain), but then its back to doing the Stronglifts.com

Dude it's not a bicycle pump!!! wink

my diabetes went a little spastic after I caught the flu after NZ so I am off to the gym at least 3 times a week (20 to 30 mins)

Still to depressed to talk about exercise. I am going to start do some lunges and squats and see how it goes.

Went for my first run today since the bad news NOT GOOD!!!

Funny most people would love the fact that they shouldn't exercise ME I HATE IT!!!

i'm just drinking beer and stuffing my face with food...

i'm lucky that i have a very active lifestyle and don't need to train. this is going to bite me in the arse when i stop exercising so much and my weight will probably balloon but for now it's sweet

Back on topic.

For the snow : Rope skipping has been my regular prep thang.

Now that I am breaking bones I should be lifting weights for bone density.

Depressed and tired lately. Everything is a struggle to do but when I get on a pushbike and go into the forest I always feel better.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Back on topic.
Depressed and tired lately. Everything is a struggle to do but when I get on a pushbike and go into the forest I always feel better.

Sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Back on topic.

Sorry to hear that.

exercise always make you feels better. keep on keeping on
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: thursday
how do you manage to walk the dog 3 times a day?

once in the morning for an hour and twice in the evening for an hour.

Goodness. You must have a dog that needs a lot of exercise, or else the poor dog is being dragged around the block.

My pair have a fit if I take them for more than half an hour once a week - nature of the Greyhound though - less than a minute sprint once a week is enough thanks - then let me lay on the couch smile Literally - I took the male for a run and was gone for 45 minutes - we had to take him to the vet - he literally was having seizures. I ran him too hard! doh

I go to the gym for me.
I walk the dogs for the dogs.

Cheers.

I've lost 5 kg in 2 weeks I look like something out of anatomy class.

Problem is I don't want to eat, I can't go to sleep at night and I don't want to wake up.

I hate struggling with myself. Maybe I do need adrenaline hits.

I am much better with regular adrenaline hits.

Highly recommend getting out and doing something active when you least feel like it Jynxx.

Not good that you are dropping weight due to no appetite. Funny how someone like me who struggles to keep weight issues under control will GAIN weight when depressed, but in your situation the opposite. Sucks huh?

Wii Fit.

Altough it doesn't seem to be working.

Will most probably have to resort to Bike riding, Skating and surfing and the occasional trampoline session.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: thursday
how do you manage to walk the dog 3 times a day?

once in the morning for an hour and twice in the evening for an hour.

Goodness. You must have a dog that needs a lot of exercise, or else the poor dog is being dragged around the block.

My pair have a fit if I take them for more than half an hour once a week - nature of the Greyhound though - less than a minute sprint once a week is enough thanks - then let me lay on the couch smile Literally - I took the male for a run and was gone for 45 minutes - we had to take him to the vet - he literally was having seizures. I ran him too hard! doh

I go to the gym for me.
I walk the dogs for the dogs.

Mamabear, I hope that Papabear can manage more than a minute sprint once a week.