• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike really sorry to hear you are going to miss this season.

I think we should all post a photo and report while we are in Niseko for Mike.

Your reports will be sorely missed - hope everything goes well with your parents.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sad to hear that Mike, hope all I'm sure lots of people will miss your reports. All the best for whatever you're up to.

Lets hope other people take up the challenge and post photos and info this season!

It was cloudy for most of the day but it did lift a little in the evening. No snow could be seen on Annupuri. The mountains to the east of Kutchan though, out past Kyogoku, looked to have a reasonable amount of snow on them down to quite low levels. As much of the weather came from the east I think that range put our area into a bit of a rain shadow. Youtei is still cloudy but is sure to have some snow up top.

saw on the news last night a huge pile of snow blanketing parts of Hokkaido!! i was very surprised to see a good covering on the road as well, didn't catch exactly where it was though

Was a fair bit more snow today on Youtei and even some on Annupuri but it's been cloudy most of the day so no new pics yet.

And I like hearing about snow anywhere as well! Canada has just received some unusually early heavy snowfalls on the Rockies and out onto the Alberta plains as well.

I see the temps in central Hokkaido are now dropping quite a bit - low single figures overnight in Asahikawa & Furano, according to my main weather reference site.

Let's hope that this trend continues towards an early start for the season.

SdS