1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

lots of snacks with pickled onion flavours in UK land. Just love the variety, but you have to choose carefully.

Shall I have the hedgehog flvour today or the haggis flavour, or the black pudding flavour, or just go for my ususal salt n shake.

You would spend many many minutes just looking at the shelves in the snack section.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... well...I shall breach my 'no chips' guideline when I find these on a shelf somewhere - would be worth the dalliance to experience the taste!!

You learn something new every day!! thumbsup

Pickled Onion crisps are brilliant, when you open the bag and that pungent aroma hits you and your eyes and mouth water simultaenously!!!

mmmmmmmm

Do Aussies call em "chips" like the Yanks?? naughty

Oz has just fell a couple of notches in my estimation

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Pickled Onion crisps are brilliant, when you open the bag and that pungent aroma hits you and your eyes and mouth water simultaenously!!!
mmmmmmmm

Did just that over summer. Brilliant.

Chips or Crisps.

We use both.

I grew up calling them Crisps, but my children [as influenced by thier American TV imports as they are] call them chips.

I do, however, refuse to call hot chips "fries" - nah uh - never gonna happen!!

I fell for one the other day. Pringles. SCREAMIN' dill pickle flavour. With EXTREME down the side. Got a tube, opened it up at home, and..... EXTREME disappointment. It was tamer than the tiger in your pants. It was just medicore sour.

A pickled onion flavoured piece of wood would've tasted more hardcore.

The makers of Pringles are inbred bastards.

Yeah, Pringles were wanting to weasel out of the tax so they argued they were not potato chips but less that 50% of that constituent.

Anyway, Pringles are shite. I was fooled by the SCREAMIN DILL PICKLE flavour. NEVER AGAIN

THEY'RE ON SALE!!!! I took on the task of sampling these chips for my fella forum friends very seriously. OF COURSE I bought a bag of each (oh sorry couldn't bring myself to try the Kangaroo & Emu BBQ Ones). I raced home with anticipation and mouth watering excitement (probably because I am on a never ending diet and it had more to do with eating potato chips). ANYWAY HERE IS MY VERDICT!!!!

Buttered Popcorn - Mmmmm Nice taste not quite plain some flavour there BUT buttered popcorn did not jump into my head. 7/10

Late Night Kebab - Smelt good. Crunch the first one a slight taste of ????. Have another one let it linger close your eyes yeah nice taste, but don't couldn't put my finger on what it needed, I think it needed perhaps a little stronger taste of something. Definately more taste to them than the Buttered Popcorn. 8/10

Caeser Salad - The first thing that hits you when you open the packet is the incredible smell of lettuce (quite uncanny) - Now the taste, eyes shut mmmmmmmmmm you can definately taste that these a caesar salad. You get a strong taste of lettuce and caesar salad dressing with a little hint of bacon. These were definately my favourite. 10/10

Mr Snowhunter liked the butter popcorn, then the ceasar salad and then the late night kebab.

I will do some more testing this weekend with the girls and a couple of bottles of wine. yummy

I'm very curious.

I can't get then where I live.

Not to stir but I just can't imagine potato chips tasting like popcorn. popcorn tastes like popcorn, chips tastes like... chips.

Are there anyone out there who can't smell lettuce ? Do they smell? I can't smell them or taste them. I had a friend who had a job handling lettuce for a couple of months and she said she can smell lettuce on her hands all the time and I couldn't smell a anything like ... I realized I can't smell lettuce !

do it properly at the next tasting.

Pur the crisps on a plate, keep them anonymous, and have those semi spherical covers over them so the smell can hit you when you open it.

Get them to name the flavour they think it is.

Ask your nearest silver service French restaurant if you can borrow the covers.

Bought a bag of each flavor myself yesterday. I will bring them out on Sunday when we have family over to celebrate cub #2 and cub #4's birthdays.

The group consensus will be added shortly thereafter.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
BETCHA YOU CAN SMELL THE LETTUCE!!!!!! lol stir

Hahaha
I tried to sniff thru the package for the lettuce snowhuntress! You have got me curious now.
I shall report after the taste testing on Sunday!