Tlen - sorry to see you haven't gotten any responses yet. I'm out in the Hokuriku area and usually get out for some BC touring about once a week in the winter and spring. I'm sure there's a few others in Tokyo so just wanted to bump this to the top for you. If you ever head out this way let me know and maybe we can meet up.

hey tlen,

i live in shizuoka and often head up to niigata and nagano. i'll let you know the dates and such (when i figure them out) and maybe we can meet up at some different resorts. i'm not quite into the mad over-night back country jazz that hotaka scott is into but i do know of some interesting places that are easy to access. laters!

Originally Posted By: Tlen
will take you up on that. at the moment, trying to get a second-hand subaru outback bought to be able to get there in prime conditions.
cheers!

Getting a car is definately a good idea - even better if it's one you can comfortably sleep in.

I'm new to the site and looking to move out there some time in the next few months. I'm in the midst of researching the ski scene now, as I'm a pretty aggressive skier and snowboarder. I would love to hook up with some good skiers and/or snowboarders when I get there. Most likely moving to Yokosuka. I much prefer skiing off piste, but know nothing about the area. All I can offer then is some gas money, laughs, and a good ski partner smile

Originally Posted By: Snowday
I'm new to the site and looking to move out there some time in the next few months. I'm in the midst of researching the ski scene now, as I'm a pretty aggressive skier and snowboarder. I would love to hook up with some good skiers and/or snowboarders when I get there. Most likely moving to Yokosuka. I much prefer skiing off piste, but know nothing about the area. All I can offer then is some gas money, laughs, and a good ski partner smile

You in the military then?

Yokosuka is near to Yokohama, not that far from me. Its a good few hours drive to any decent ski hill. Plenty buses and trains go that way too though. thumbsup

I applied to a job as a civilian working in the US Naval hospital there. I hope it works out, as the more I research the more it seems like it's an amazing place. I'm a few hour drive from the good mountains now, so I'm used to having to travel for the snow. I'm also excited to try this brew that's tougher then tanks!

Originally Posted By: Tlen
I'm interested in getting together with back-country enthusiasts to enjoy drink, fondue, raclette and getting something going on a regular basis for weekend trips during the season.

Tlen, there is a regular crowd of people who ski around Nagano/Niigata and only ski SC/BC. They are often looking to fill car space as well so send a PM if you'd like nisekohakuba ...but only if you enjoy hiking and have your own gear smile
Originally Posted By: Snowday
I applied to a job as a civilian working in the US Naval hospital there. I hope it works out, as the more I research the more it seems like it's an amazing place. I'm a few hour drive from the good mountains now, so I'm used to having to travel for the snow. I'm also excited to try this brew that's tougher then tanks!

If you wanna try that then you'll have to stop off in Scotland first (Bring me a case of it please!!) smile

be climbing in ogawayama on Monday, holiday...traffic...probly won't be back til the wee hours of Tuesday morning...will check back here on Tuesday but probably Wed better if I'm up all night driving back in traffic.

i'm up for tonight or tomorrow evening MrSingh, just let me know...unfortunately i left my mobile at home...but if the Pink Cow works for you we can meet there 'round 19:30?

If we do tomorrow evening, we get the added benefit of the Half-fast cycling club's monthly get together as well, certain to be good photo presentations etc...