This has to be the worst name ever for the new Vegemite.

Just been watching the news and people were asked the worst possible name you can come up with.

I liked this one

"Salty Black S___ with cheese in it"

Seemore

what .. you weren't impressed by the Vege-cream suggestion?

It is simple. iSnack2.0 is a fad thing, no-one actually likes it. Rather than give it a proper name and see it sit on the shelves unpurchased and sad, they gave it a very dumb name that sparked lots of discussion so it can go out with a bang.

Clever Kraft marketing.

Yeah I don't like the name but it is good marketing by Kraft as it has bought it back into the news.

I didn't want to try the new one as I am a vegemite loyal eater BUT I have to say after weakening and trying it I actually really like it.

The other very clever thing is that you eat more of it so people I think will buy it more often.

It would be cool if whenever they changed the recipe it changed to iSNACK2.1 etc.

iSNACK3.0 would require significent base ingredient change, such as from cream cheese to miso paste.

Vegi-cream is too close to Vagi-cream

Not so nice on your crackers. Jatz or otherwise.

Any way why didn't they pick the bleedin obvious name

Cheesymite.

iSnack2.0 - what sort of drugs are these marketing people on?

and where can i get some?

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
what .. you weren't impressed by the Vege-cream suggestion?

It is simple. iSnack2.0 is a fad thing, no-one actually likes it. Rather than give it a proper name and see it sit on the shelves unpurchased and sad, they gave it a very dumb name that sparked lots of discussion so it can go out with a bang.

Clever Kraft marketing.

Krafty Marketing even!!

LOL!

Well the latest news is that Kraft have decided to bow to the public outrage and rename the stuff - AGAIN. They apparently picked the name in good faith, THEY thought it was a good name, and they are sad that it didnt fly...(someone is gonna get the sack over that arent they?).

So Kraft have issued a press release to say - sit tight - give them 48 hrs to work out HOW to conduct a vote style renaming and then the process begins again - with the new new name announced in a few months.

slap

Just name it Cheesymite already!

Mamabear, you are dead on it with your theory, and that name, but it may not be just a fad.

Cmon, iSnack 2.0? Who would ever agree to that name?, for starters, they produced a short-run batch with "_______" "_______" (underscores/blank)as the title, then, produce another short-run called "iSnack 2.0", making the punters speculate, and even grab a few "because they think in 50 years it will be a collectable".

Great marketing, and it's actually quite a nice spread (compared to vegemite =)

MB and Domo

Bakers Delight already have the Cheese-Mite scroll Copyright( tastes good too ) so kraft can't use it.

It will be interesting what they come up with.

I have just had some on a cracker but I would prefer normal Vege-Mite and Cream Cheese as it just seems right.

Altough I am a Promite fan as opposed to Vege-Mite I prefer the name Vegie Extract as opposed to Yeast Extract.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore
MB and Domo

Bakers Delight already have the Cheese-Mite scroll Copyright( tastes good too ) so kraft can't use it.
It will be interesting what they come up with.
I have just had some on a cracker but I would prefer normal Vege-Mite and Cream Cheese as it just seems right.

Altough I am a Promite fan as opposed to Vege-Mite I prefer the name Vegie Extract as opposed to Yeast Extract.

Seemore

Miteycheesy?