anybody else get pissed off with that Mentawai Islands, Indonesia thread?

Originally Posted By: thursday
or is it just me.

Just you.
What's wrong with it for god's sake?
Sure there may only a few people contributing and maybe not a topic that everyone is interested in, but then if you don't like it don't click on the bloody thread then!

There are plenty of threads I have no interest in on these boards, what do I do? Don't read them...

vewy vewy simple really.

Thursday

Yes it is about surfing and nature.

Indo's surfing with whales the other day bought back memories for me being in the water whith whales and dolphins.

It is awesome.

Surfing & Snowboarding/ Skiing have a common thread with similar carves and tricks.

Love the photos Spook

Seemore

yep. thursday. it's a surfy thread so i know it's not of interest to all.

in other news we had a massive earthquake an hour or so ago. really really strong. things were coming down off walls, grout coming away between tiles, the whole house was moving hard. i grabbed the TV to make sure it didn't fall off, then decided it wasn't worth it and ran outside.

luckily everything seems to be ok here now. just being lashed by strong winds and endless rain.

samoa got hit by a big quake and tsunami this morning though. i feel for anyone affected there

Originally Posted By: spook

in other news we had a massive earthquake an hour or so ago. really really strong. things were coming down off walls, grout coming away between tiles, the whole house was moving hard. i grabbed the TV to make sure it didn't fall off, then decided it wasn't worth it and ran outside.

Just checked that out - in Indo right?
WOW!
Another big one.

Hope everyone is OK...this is getting a bit too active for my liking...

We are OK out here on the island, but things seem pretty serious in Padang. We're just getting the news reports now. Hope everyone we know is OK, and feeling pretty sad for all the people affected by it.

The quake was big here - at least 30 seconds. I was holding onto the TV to make sure it didn't fall off the table, then though, bugger it and yelled for all the guests to get outside. I was having trouble standing up and keeping my balance for a few seconds. We also had a huge thunderstorm at the time so it was all happening.

Stuff was thrown off the walls and some minor damage to the building and plumbing, but mostly fine. It was my birthday last night so we all got stuck into the booze. Woke up this morning and read about how badly Padang was hit and it sobered me up pretty quick.

Thought are with friends, family and anyone in Padang.