Hi all,

Sorry if this is a the wrong section - it's not a gear review so I guess it shouldn't go there!

It's been a while since I posted but with another trip coming up I'm getting excited lol. Unfortuantely this time I am heading to Lake Tahoe instead of Hakuba like last year - group decision. I guess it's good to have variety right?

Anyway, I just purchased a new setup (Rome design 162, Burton Mission Bindings and some Burton ruler boots) and have decided based on my GFs past experiences with the US airline industry that I want a pretty darn good bag to protect it all.

I need something that will take my board, my boots, my bindings and preferably my jacket and pants as well but I dont want to pay through the roof to get my hands on it. I windsurf during summer and swear by Dakine gear (harnesses etc) but my local snow shop does not stock a lot of Dakine stuff.

Can anyone suggest a good bag? I am eyeing the Burton Wheelie Gig bag at the moment but purely because its the only decent bag at a decent price Snowbiz in Brisbane stock. If I can find something much better I will gladly order it online...

Any help would be appreciated and if you need to know more before answering feel free to ask.

Cheers!

- Matt

DaKine

Separate boot section (zippered) silver waterproof lined bag you can put your wet boots in.

Nice wide padded shoulder straps.

Plenty of space to put your pants, body pads, in between

The bag itself has padding (mine does)

Yeha thats what I'm thinking. My experiences with DaKine stuff is good - excellent quality gear which is very important. I just need to find a decent stockist. Do you have a model name you'd recommend? Im heading over to the DaKine site now so I guess it'll be obvious!

I think mine is the Tour cos it doesn't have rollers and the boot pockets are similar. I looked into the site. The fabric design is chique. Mine is a darker checkered kinda design.

I don't trust rollers that much.

The high roller from DaKine seems to be the only bag that is exactly what I'm after...the onl;y problem is I was trying to stay under $300 lol. The low roller would be ok but can I fit my jacket etc in with the board? I guess I cans tuff what ever I want to in it really...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone stuck their bag on the scales?

I found my Ocean and Earth frequent flyer was taking up 5kg of my weight allowance empty.

Not bad if you are going to the USA that allows 2 bags of 42kg each, its harsh going any place else with just 20kg.

Mattus, I Highly recommened Force bags, its an Australian brand that makes Boards and Bags and I purchased 1 on ebay for $70 its 181cm in Length (for my skis) it has wheels and tough rubber at the ends.

p.s they have increased the price to $90 razz

but this bag is worth about $180-250 its very cheap!