Keen to hear any ones reports from being in there. i am so stinging to get in there, having gone over many times in the gondola and cried about not being able to get in there. Does anyone know if the line beneath the gondola is allowed? or is there strict conditions on where you can/can't ride?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK your pass is good for the season. They dont actually take you under the gondola, its down the valley over to the left, safe zone to safe zone one by one, the terrain is better than whats under the gondola. I asked the patrol about the tracks under the gondola and he reckons they are from poachers.

If the tracks under the gondola were near tower 19/29, then those are from the skiers/snowboarders on the program.

The first time, I skied the line under the gondola and to skier's left, almost to the nets.

The other times, we skied off the knoll towards skier's right and the powder was even deeper. Face shots galore.

There are a couple patrollers who are comfortable speaking English while the rest can speak a little English, they are a bit shy.

The program is only slated to run until mid February. Each time you must present your card and get a numbered bib which is returned at the end of the session.

Happy to say that i had the insanely pleasurable experience of heading into Mizuno No Sawa on tuesday. It had been tracked a little and i should have got in there earlier but it was still epic and if i had been more onto it i would have done the course on the first available day and then gone in on every possible day. We rode under the gondola till the first gully and dropped in to it with deep spring like snow (after a warmer day). The turns were so sweet and the terrain was so good. Even a grumpy old bugger in the group couldnt ruin the experience. Beacons were not provided either were helmets and they were not enforced either, it was up to peoples individual discretion to use them. The course content was very basic and was taught in japanese with a hand out in english for us to follow. Really stoked to have finally got into an area like that and i hope that the program continues to develop.

Originally Posted By: Soft Landings
Correct,

Did the course today, they are on three times a day at the old gondola station at the top of the rope tow. You must ski with the patrol when you enter. First timers get priority over people who have done it before. Maximum 45 people three times a day.

It is sick!

So where excatly are the briefings as I'm no familar with the location of the rope tow. Is the old Gondola Station the structure at the beginning of the ski run called 'Zangi'. Also what time are the briefings pls

@ratherb@thesnow the rope tow is at the base of the duplex single chair in higashyama (niseko village). from hirafu you go up ace quad then up the double or the triple hooded followed by heading out to the left down towards annapuri, and the base of the duplex single. The rope tow is there and the briefing is in the building which is just at the top the tow. Briefings are at 9.30 or 12.30. (yes the building is right near the start of Zangi)