MP, We arent seeing you this winter mate? I had dinner with Ian M. the other night and heard. Sorry to hear that mate. Beers and some runs next time. Sounds like the Atomic Racing skis are in full effect??? Ian grabbed a pair. You got him hooked on tiny tiny skis!! I thought he should stay on the JJs personally lol

Thanks for the advice cheers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely be open, spoke with Luke a few weeks back.

Need to listen to a 5 to 10 min Patrol talk before entering, no classroom certificate stuff.

They are limiting entry to max 200 skiers through the gates a day - god knows why the more skiers that compact it the safer it would be. Guess it's the restrictions the Gov has placed on it or something.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
MP, We arent seeing you this winter mate? I had dinner with Ian M. the other night and heard. Sorry to hear that mate. Beers and some runs next time. Sounds like the Atomic Racing skis are in full effect??? Ian grabbed a pair. You got him hooked on tiny tiny skis!! I thought he should stay on the JJs personally lol

Thanks.

Re the skis, 'you've got to be in it to win it' wink
Originally Posted By: MikePow
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Thanks.

Re the skis, 'you've got to be in it to win it' wink

lol Now...where have I heard that. Beers next time cheers

Here I am, (the police officer in the Village People)

We are stil in the process of deciding certain details and confirming these with the local parties. Issues such as helmuts, beacons, Recco use, numbers, as well as costs and all are being negotiated. Everyone has opinions on all these and I imagine there will be mixed feelings about how we run operations in the short term. This is due to the process of getting the terrain open, I think we will find the right balance, methods and systems eventually. The resort is ready to open the terrain and we have to work within the laws or the land obviously. This project should be a good test-case for other ski resorts who are watching and supporting.

A lot of ski resorts want to open more terrain in a cost effective manner. It is difficult. If you can open the terrain it is worth it for the quality of skiing. Financially, huge value add and improvement in guest experience which should grow the industry and bring destination travellers to the resort as well as more day skiers.

>A lot of ski resorts want to open more terrain in a cost effective manner. It is difficult. If you can open the terrain it is worth it for the quality of skiing. Financially, huge value add and improvement in guest experience which should grow the industry and bring destination travellers to the resort as well as more day skiers.

good job N.V. clap

...next up Haru no Taki?!?! biggrin

I sincerely hope there is going to be a proper cutting the red tape ceremony at the beginning there. Complete with the ojisans holding their hands together with a gattsu pou--zu.

Will be there in Febraury is all plans come off. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mizuno no Sawa is going ahead as planned.

The final meeting with all concerned parties with the Niseko Avalanche Committee where the Mayors of Kutchan and Niseko towns, the heads of all the ski resorts in the area, the heads of all related government and NPO bodies from the police, self-defense force, etc, and other related parties such as the Niseko Avalanche Institute met and approved the project on Monday.

The Niseko United Trail Map is available now in Japanese and English should be arriving from the printers today so when you look at these you will be able to see the changes in classification to this area.

We are making the information regarding the Educational Program at present and should have it available soon.

You can see it on the this Trail Map which is linked here. This is not a promo, this is a response to a question from skiers answered by the ski area.

http://niseko-village.com/pdf/niseko-village-trail-EN.pdf

The English explanation is on the right of the pdf, (there are no spelling mistakes on printed versions, don’t know why this one has only one ‘a’ in Area).